Thursday 29 October 2009

Hard Drive Case - carrying case, case


This is a great little case. it fits the drive very well and the separate pouch for the cord is ideal. It protects the drive well and keeps everything very dry. We had a rain storm when we covered an event, and the drive stayed nice and dry! Excellent buy and very cost economical! Western Digital Neoprene Carrying Case for My Passport Portable Drives - Black

Perfect for carrying my 1Tb Passport. There is an internal pocket that the hard drive can slide into and then the USB cord isn't right up against the hardware. The hard drive actually fell out of my backpack when going through security at the airport. I saw it fall and hit the floor during all of the chaos that is airport security. However, the case padded the fall and I've been using it for the past 3 weeks since the drop and no problems. I give the credit to this case even though it isn't hardsided -- it was still enough to pad the fall.

This is an excellent carrying case for a Western Digital external hard drive and its cable. The case fits "My Passport" external hard drive and the space for the cord is just right. Although you should be careful not to drop it when if the external hard drive is inside the case, I did drop it once and the drive continued to work reliably--I was very pleased and impressed!



The zipper has never given me any trouble either; actually I can't really think of any negative things to say about this product. If you find that the case is slightly too big for the hard drive you can always buffer the external hard drive with something soft like bubble wrap. I highly recommend it especially for carrying a Western Digital "Passport" type of external hard drive.

The case is useful to carry or store your external drive, i-phone, any other electronic devices, because it provides a soft cushion for impact. Its fits devices about the size of a regular index card 3x5 inches.

As an afterthought I decided to get this case for my portable external hard drive. I'm glad I did as I carry it in my computer bag and although robust, the plastic could get banged around a bit. The carrying case also has a pocket for the cable which is handy. The price was also four dollars cheaper than my local box store.

I did not buy this case for the purpose for which it was intended. I had ordered 2 archos 5 models (the 32gb and 500 gb hard drive model). Anyone who has one of those knows, and those of you contemplating a purchase should know that it is incredibly difficult to find a good case for them (or any case at all now that they are out of production). The choices I have seen are either pouches which leave some part open to the elements (or crud in your bag) and fairly expensive ($35+) leather covers. If I hold onto one of these (rather than opting for a larger, newer model) I may well buy one of the leather cases, but irregardless of whether or not I go that route I want something which offers some protection for when I travel, e.g. This case is sub-optimal as the padding is very thin (compared to cases I have purchased from case logic and Kroo among others) but it fits the archos 5 almost perfectly, is a closed case, offers at least some protection and is very inexpensive. In brief, it is the best I have found thus far and I am going to hold onto it.

I am still hoping to find something with better padding, but it is a pretty decent short term solution, and maybe even a permanent one!

I am guessing it is good enough for a drive which does not have a screen (which is its intended use). I do not have a portable drive, and as such have not compared this with other cases on the market for same, but I am very happy that it fits the archos 5. For an MP3 player/ tablet device with a good size screen more protection is desirable, but this is better than none, and does have more padding than a leather case (and at a much lower price). - Carrying Case - Case - Western Digital - Neoprene Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hard Drive Case - carrying case, case western digital Hard Drive Case - carrying case, case