Saturday 17 October 2009

Excellent Socks - socks, excellent socks


When I first ordered bamboo socks I just wanted to see what they were like. After all, I had never heard of fabrics from bamboo, so I had to see what all the fuss was about.



I first tried bamboo viscose in socks from Docker's about 2 years ago. Amazon didn't yet carry Docker's, so I had to order from Sears. At that time the Dockers bamboo socks were about 80% viscose from bamboo. Without doubt, these were the most comfortable socks I had ever worn. They were too fragile for the dryer though and had to be hung to dry slowly. My only complaint is that the socks all started to develop holes in the heal area about 2 years later. So 80% viscose from bamboo socks were not that durable.



As I went to reorder these socks, two things changed. Sears no longer has any Dockers bamboo socks --- but thankfully Amazon does!!! Dockers has changed the percentage bamboo blend. These socks are 40% bamboo rayon vs 80% Viscose from bamboo I was used to --- so although only slightly thinner, I expect them to be significantly more durable than the prior formula - and these can be dried in the dryer!



I am now totally hooked. Bamboo socks are definitely my favorites. They are cool in the summer and warm in the winter. They are luxurious beyond description. They wick moisture away from the skin and are both anti-fungal and anti-microbial. Once you try bamboo socks, you won't ever want anything else. Dockers Mens 3 Pack Bamboo Rayon Pattern Socks, Black, 6-12

I bought these for my husband, as his 'gold toe' socks weren't holding up in the wash very well. These socks are super soft and luxurious looking. We look rich! :) So, I ordered two more sets--another black, and one in the light brown. Just wish they had a darker brown selection.

We discovered bamboo socks about a year ago. They are the sotftest socks I've ever worn. And you know those times you need to wear socks to bed because it's too cold or your under the weather or whatever? The socks stay on all night and when you wake up your feet are so warm and comfy that you forget you have socks on until you put your feet in slippers or on the floor and you notice the socks. This is so different from cotton or synthetic socks that come off in your sleep all by themselves. Plus they are absorbent and anti-bacterial. All I could ask for is more colors. These socks are for my husband, who likes his socks longer than crew, shorter than knee high. Sometimes they can be hard to find and yet here they are, made by Dockers.

This was my second order from Amazon for the same pack of socks. I'm slowly replacing all my dress socks to Dockers as I've been very pleased with the comfort and quality of the socks. Most dress socks I normally get are overpriced and do not last after a few washes. These have been going on strong for a while now, hence my decision to purchase a few more pairs.

So far these socks have been very comfortable and durable. I ordered these in Navy and in Black, I am looking for Gray or Dark Brown, but so far no luck.



I have some pretty rough heels so that is usually where I wear out socks the most, but these socks have held up against the forces of my dry skin.



Also, we live in the Southwest and it gets hot (But It's a dry heat, you know, like a fireplace or an oven). Well, I haven't had issues with excessive heat causing any discomfort while wearing these socks.



Also, the elastic is still going strong and I ordered these about 4 months ago with heavy use on a daily basis.

I wouldn't have to keep buying more! :-)

I guess that goes to say that they both really like these socks. Someday I'm going to declare a "sock hop" - I'll pull out my poodle skirt and put some Elvis on the iPod and we'll hunt down all the stray socks and match them up. Until then, I'll order more of these when needed.



Honestly - it's a nice sock and my husband likes them. - Argyle Socks - Excellent Socks - Socks - Dockers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Excellent Socks - socks, excellent socks socks Excellent Socks - socks, excellent socks