Tuesday 13 October 2009

22-580


I don't know well they will hold up over the long term compared to the Delta versions, but they fit fine, cut great and are much cheaper. What's not to like?



Update after using for a while. I built a couple of nightstands out of walnut. I finished easily 50 bf of walnut and the blades are still working fine. No noticeable wear. Not sure why the other reviewer had so much trouble with pine. Perhaps the blades were more gummed up than actually dulled. POWERTEC HSS Planer Blades for Delta 13" Planer 22-580

I have had this planer for several years and have used it frequently. Delta no longer makes

this machine and therefore does not make the blades. What a shame, as the replacement blades sold here

are far inferior as those made by Delta. I dont know of any others making these blades, so I am forced to

buy them here, or invest in another planer altogether. Mainly do no like these blades because they do not last long. After surfacing about 50 bf of lodgepole pine the planer struggles to keep pace as the blades dull quickly.

Excellent product. Was just as advertised and installed with ease. Searched other places but could not find replacements with quality and price that Amazon

offered. Should have bought a spare pair just in case no one sells them in the

future. You can't go wrong with this product.

I purchased these blades as a cheaper solution to the higher costing Delta brand blades. I was able to run one 6'x6" figured maple board thru the planer, with nominal results. The second board came out with ridges, from the blades being nicked. Both boards were clean and inspected prior to running thru the planer. After a couple more passes thru the planer, the finish just got worse. I reinstalled my old, dull, Delta brand blades and finished the project.



These blades are a very good example of "You get what you pay for."'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


22-580 22-580 22-580