Friday 18 September 2009

Remodeling - milwaukee, milwaukee sawzall


I have been using my sawsall for heavy pruning work recently and the super sawsall did not disappoint me. I don't own a chainsaw and only the length of the sawsall blade limited the size of the limb I could cut up. The balance on the saw is comfortable and 15 amps cuts through just about anything (no loss of power or effective recipricating action). I also use this sawsall for more standard construction demo and rough framing work. It has more than enough power for construction needs. It is very rare that I wish I could turn the head of my saw for easier cutting access (and there is always another way), but it is common that I require enough power for heavy cutting needs. I'm glad I purchased the 15 amp saw! I'm hoping it lasts as long as my last super sawsall (on and off for 19 years)......Only (1) complaint...and a big one (that is easy to fix by the manuf)...The case doesn't have enough room for a lot of blade storage. I carry multiple sizes and types on the job and the case doesn't leave enough room after the saw is stored for more than a small number of blades. If milwaukee just made the case a bit roomier, I would be really happy! I would even by a new case if Milwaukee redesigned it and the price was reasonable. Milwaukee 6538-21 15.0 Amp Super Sawzall Recip Saw

This is the saw to use for heavy-duty, demanding work.



We bought this 120VAC powered saw for a particularly demanding demolition situation. We had to sawzall dozens and dozens of metal pipes (up to 6" diameter SCH 80) and associated supports for 3 days straight. Other removal options were not open to us on this particular job. Saw has excellent performance, it's as smooth as these saws can be, and very powerful. [Our 28V battery powered saw gives great performance, but it's not really intended for hours and hours of use, even with multiple batteries]



I've found Milwaukee stuff is usually well-thought out, ruggedly built, and gives good service life. Like with many high-end tools, this high level of performance comes at a price, but for us, it's well worth it.



If you need a heavy-duty, industrial/commercial/professional grade sawzall this is it. Highly recommended.

A bought my first Milwaukee Sawzall around 1980. I think they were around 5 amps then. (I still have it kept in reserve.) I then moved up to a Super Sawzall around 1989 and rarely used my old one because the `Super' version was so much better (Although it was bigger and heavier). It ran flawlessly with exception of brush and cord replacements for many years. It went down around a year and a half ago at which time I bought the latest incarnation of the Super version.



I was a little put off by a few of the reviews I saw saying they are now made in Taiwan and are plastic and cheaper. But I bought it anyway. Over the years I had tried a few other brands that were out on jobs and they were all 'junk' compared to the Milwaukees.



After using this latest 15 amp version of the Milwaukee Sawzall I am impressed with the extreme power, smoothness (low vibration), speed, and lighter weight. A superior experience from a superior line of industrial grade portable power tools.



This has been the best Sawzall yet.

I borrowed this from a friend of mine to take some old cast iron plumbing out of my crawlspace. All kinds of folks tried to talk me into using something else to cut the cast iron drain pipes (2"+ thick).



I bought the Diamond grit black blade for this, and it -D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D- those pipes. In a good way. Sliced through it in maybe 3 minutes (i had read some people say a sawzall would take me an hour to do each cut). Cut through some 1-1/2 in copper pipe as well. Super clean cut.



I will be purchasing this soon, and all i can say is nothing in my house is safe, haha

Heavy, powerful, aggressive, and tunable...



This saw will plow though just about anything or it can be configured to be gentle and precise. The orbital action is completely tunable for zero to full orbit. The stoke speed can be controlled by dial & trigger. The saw is solid and well built. It shreds through wood & nails & just about anything else.



The worst thing I can say about the saw is that the case is not amazing. I miss the old metal case from the original Sawzall.



In short this is a great saw.

Bought this saw, and was impressed... then, after about 27 days and about an hour of use, the motor burned up... Used amazon's return system, and sent a replacement 2-day fed-ex. I was very impressed with the way amazon took care of the issue. Still haven't put more than an hour of use on the saw, but seems to be good.

I had no reservations purchasing this saw and was extremely happy with the results. I've used this saw at work so I knew going in what to expect. I wanted the most amp for the buck and was not disappointed at all. I bought an exterior door for my house for $100(cheap I know, it was a returned item) but I had to enlarge my rough openning. Something I was hesitant about tackling. This saw made short work of it and it couldnt have turned out better. I saved enough on the door to more than cover the cost of the saw and now I have an excellent saw for the next decade of work. This saw is very balanced but with awsome power to cut through studs, nails, metal or anything in your way. So happy with this saw and Amazon. Highly Highly recommend. Oh and I have all of my fingers, something my wife said wouldnt happen, not even any blood letting. (Most of my projects involve some type of DNA marking)

I have cut thousands of lbs of #1 steel with this saw without a problem. I've been clearing out all the steel stantions, iron water pipe, etc. from our old milking parlor most recently with it. If your planning on using your sawzall for hours on end and for heavy duty work this is the sawzall for you. Yep it is a bit on the heavy side but it gets the job done when other sawzalls would burn up. Milwaukee blades are ok but I've found that Bosch blades are better especially their heavy metal cutting blades. For those of you who find yourself using up metal cutting blades quickly, try bosch and turning the speed down on your sawzall. Also note that this is a 15 AMP sawzall and shouldn't be used with extension cords over 75ft no matter what gauge. You'll eventually burn out the motor due to low current. Plan on buying a 50ft 10 gauge extension cord for use with this saw unless you plan on working right next to an outlet all the time. - Reciprocating Saw - Recipricating Saw - Milwaukee - Milwaukee Sawzall'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Remodeling - milwaukee, milwaukee sawzall recipricating saw Remodeling - milwaukee, milwaukee sawzall