Friday 25 September 2009

Computer Duster - compressed air, air duster


This air duster product is one of the very best. As a computer scientist, I use compressed air on many products... CDs, DVDs, Cameras, Monitors, Computer hardware, and even glasses. This has NO BITTERENT in the product.



BITTERENT-based products leave a horrible film on fine hardware, and even spraying it in a room will ruin coffee, soda, and leave a horrible-tasting film on your lips just being around it in a well-ventilated area.



Again, this is NOT a BITTERENT product.



I always use this to blow off fine debris from DVDs and glass. And, on glass and monitors, using this BEFORE cleaning with a fine & clean microfibre cloth will prevent deep debris-scratches from expensive sunglasses and monitors.



A great product for what it costs and that it's PRIME ELIGIBLE! Stoner 94203 GUST Easy Air Duster - 12 oz.

Just about everyone at one time or another has either used, or owned a can of compressed air. For those little hard to reach places where the old stand by of puckering up ones lips doesn't cut it, it can just about clear the field. Most of these compressed air brands are all but the same as far as its propellant. I mean how many different formulas can there be for compressed air. It basically all comes down to the delivery system, that is the nozzle, and the price. Amazon sells a lot of different brands of compressed air. I believe Memorex is the oldest going name in the air duster business. At least they claim to be. However it is also the brand with the worst nozzle design of them all. I have never used a Memorex that didn't eventually jam, break, pinch,...etc. The Stoner has the same design, but a little more quality. I buy Stoner's all the time locally and never have a problem with them. Here on Amazon I feel it is the best deal going for compressed air. It's not the cheapest, but at the time of this writing it ships free when bundled. I would suggest buying these cans in bulk anyway. Saves time, money, and a lot of aggravation over the long run. The Stoner also is a full 12 oz. as opposed to the 10 oz Memorex spray. I highly recommend that you never be without some kind of air duster in your home. For it serves a purpose that when its really needed, absolutely nothing else will really serve as a reasonable facsimile. I also recommend the Stoner brand here on Amazon, and, ordering it either in bulk or bundled so you can take advantage of the free shipping...

There was other reviews expressing concern about the amount of force this can could deliver when trying to clean things like PC. I still bought it because it was so cheap, and it worked very well for cleaning my PC. Will definitely buy again when this can runs out, cheap, prime delivery, and works well!

This is undoubtedly one of the best deals around for canned air, cheap and I got it pretty fast even with Free Super Saver Shipping. It works great although for dust that has been accumulated for quite some time is not that effective, it takes the outer layers but it leaves the dust layers in direct contact with the object. I tried it on a keyboard and I'll have to use either a stronger canned air or a liquid product (in this case I guess no canned air would do the trick)



One advice: Read the fine print. If you are accustomed to use canned products you may shake the can from time to time just as you would do with canned paint or cleaners, but what this will do is just reduce the flow of air our of the nozzle and reduces its overall effectiveness

As someone who may clean out several computers at a time, having a canned air that rebounds quickly is important. Many canned airs get very cold to touch and lose their spray force until the bottle warms back up after use. This bottle has great rebound speed, good force, and overall is a good value-- plus qualifies for prime!

This works well for cleaning out the innards of my PC, and I'm satisfied with how much compressed air there seems to be. However, I should note that I didn't receive the straw shown in the picture -- this may or may not be typical.

I've used canned air before to clean computers, but this canned air is the worst I have ever used. First of all, you have to hold it perfectly vertical or it will blow freezing white liquid all over everything. You can not shake it or it will blow freezing white liquid all over everything.The directions on the can specifically state:



"Always hold can upright when using to expel contents as a gas. Do not shake. This product contains a liquefied gas which will expel as a liquid if can is held sideways, upside down, or shaken when using."



This is totally useless to clean computers.



With other canned air products, I attach the straw and hold the can sideways and spray into the cracks and crevices of the motherboard and other components. But with this canned air, I am required to take the computer apart, hold the motherboard and components directly in front of me and spray. And for God's sake don't be tempted to shake the can while spraying!



If you're looking for canned air to clean computers, buy a different product.

I actually bought Gust to train my cat. If I spray her from a distance, it scares her. It only took one spray to get her to stop biting my feet. As long as it is not held too close to the cat, it's harmless.



I've used Gust on my keyboard, also. It works great. My keyboard was covered in dust and cat hairs and the powerful burst of Gust took care of it. My keyboard looks like new.



Gust sports a quick and easy to use trigger mechanism and a straw taped to the canister. I use extra tape to keep from losing it. Just don't spray your skin too closely. It releases a liquid gas that quickly evaporates, but it can cause frostbite. (This doesn't happen when the can is upright, but I spray my keyboard with the can tilted.)

_______________________



UPDATE: Just wanted to say I did use this to dust the insides of a very dusty, never before cleaned, computer case. It worked wonders in seconds. Problem was, I was then hacking at all the dust flying in the air. Should have been prepared for that, of course. - Compressed Air - Computer - Cleaning - Air Duster'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Computer Duster - compressed air, air duster compressed air Computer Duster - compressed air, air duster