Saturday 19 September 2009

Bose Ear Buds 99 - audio, headphones


I bought these because I was tired of my ears being pinched by on-ear headphones, or hurting because of uncomfortable earbuds. These are really comfortable, even if I want to wear them to sleep in. I am not a connoisseur of sound quality and am mostly listening to audiobooks rather than music, but for my purposes the sound quality is excellent. They block outside sound a little better than on-ear headphones.



Now, their drawback. The little comfy cushions pop off. Bose will send you a free extra set, but I recommend that once you decide which of the three sizes of comfort cushions you like, the tiniest drop of superglue on the outside edge is a smart move. Bose In-Ear Headphones - Headphones ( ear-bud ) - black

I really liked this headphones, and the original ones sound awesome. So I started looking for better deals on internet and I found that a few online sellers offer this Tri-port in-ear headphones to get better prices. So, I ordered two from different dealers (even different websites) and both turned out to be counterfeit!!!! When I called up Bose to inform them about this, even they agreed that the market is loaded with fakes and at times only a few can realize the difference. I would recommend that if you buy this product make sure to call on their Tollfree # and verify if you got the right one or not.



For sound quality & durability I would rate the original product rating as 5 stars but the fakes dont even get a single star!

i bought these bose in ear headphones about 7 months ago. It took me a while to get used to the way they sit in the ear, but now i find them for the most part comfortable. The sound is great. They do an ok job of cancelling the outside noise, but i don't think they are a true noise cancelling type of headphone. However i also have run into a few minor problems with them such as the silicon pieces falling off every once in a while. I usually find it at the bottom of my pocket. What I am also noticing now is that both of the silicone pieces are starting to tear on the backside. I wish they had a better design because i really like the sound.

Awesome sound as would be expected from Bose. The way they sit in the ear does take some getting used to, but after a day or two they're just fine. The problem is durability, I have a pair and so does my wife. Both pairs have shorted out on the receptacle end, which takes Bose a few weeks to fix. Now my left ear bud is shorting out and I have only had my set since July 2009!!! Sorry Bose, but I've had enough...........

I have had these for about a year and a half, they originally worked great but over time I ran into problems and looking back would not have bought these if I knoew this in advance, so I share my experience with you, my friends..



+ The sound quality is excellent, they block out background noise well and can be worn for hours with no discomfort.



That being said there are other things to consider..



- After a few months the silicone inserts stretch and tear then fall off the speakers. They're easily lost and you will end up buying more ('phones are unusable without them) or be uncomfortable with the different sized inserts.



- The real reason to avoid these is that they WILL WEAR OUT WITHIN A YEAR or so of regular use. If you're even a day past your warranty you're SOL, they'll try to sell you another pair for $[...] but won't fix them (although I had no problem getting QC2's repared 5+ years after the warranty).



Bottom line:

Wires and connections are shoddy

Design is ackward

Sound is good

expect lifetime to be about a year and a half until you are shopping again

Typically excellent product support from Bose is totally indifferent on this product

Good sound while they work but design flaws cause an unreasonablly short life



For other user experiences see:

[...]

The product design for these ear phones is just terrible. The customized ear buds fall off almost every time I use these, and now after paying way too much money, I am just going to buy another brand of earphone I can actually use. Save you money and a lot of frustration, do not buy these!

Got these when they first came out and used them sporadically ever since. Sound quality is excellent - much better than Apple standard-issue earbuds, but they are NOT sound isolating at all. the silicone ear-tips just sit lightly in your ear. Not only does this provide no isolation at all, but they pop out of your ear with the slightest jarring. Unusable for jogging or any real activity. Have tried different tip sizes to no avail. And as other reviewers have said, the tips also pop off very easily. When I spoke to the company they said they specifically chose not to do a better seal in the ear in order to avoid the vibrations of walking or running from traveling up the wire to the ears. Bad trade-off in my opinion, and I much preferred my Shure headphones...

I really really dislike these headphones. I can't wait to replace them. These are the "NEW" ones with the black and white cable.



I use them mostly when I am flying with minimal head movement. Yet, they ae constantly falling out of my ears. I spend more time positioning and re-positioning these obnoxious little buds, I could just spit.



I don't have huge ears like, say, Barack Obama. They are pretty normal. But these little devils spill out with every turn of my head. I hate them.



The sound is okay: not "WOW!" like you expect from Bose. Maybe it's because these buggers sit outside the ear canal cradled in the outer ear. I hate them. - Earbuds - Audio - Bose - Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bose Ear Buds 99 - audio, headphones earbuds Bose Ear Buds 99 - audio, headphones