Monday 10 August 2009

Repair Kits - ipod, repair kits


Well hmm...i got this replacement even tho my iPod was still in warranty but i know apple wont repair/replace iPods with broken screens. I did get it in fast time and the product worked very well and is the original OEM product and was pretty easy to install, Although it does not have the APPLE stamp on the flex cord like the on the original Digitizer flex cable, so i'm not sure if apple will deny the iPod for repair if they see that or not. BUT only after 2 days of use my home button began to get kinda stuck i guess and i had to push down very hard to get back to the home screen. But i'm pretty sure the unit they sent me was faulty. Hopefully i can get it repaired at my apple store.

Over all its a great replacement!

Note: 8 and 16 gig iPod is 2nd gen.

32 and 64 gig iPod with speaker is 3rd gen.

iPod Touches with camera are 4th gen.

iPod Touches with Black and chrome metal cases are 1st gen. Digitizer LCD Screen Glass Replacement Apple ipod Touch 3rd Gen Digitizer + Chassis Bezel + Pre Assembled

Closeout Masters preassembled digitizer+bezel+home button is the best way to fix an Ipod with a broken digitizer(screen works but glass cover is broken). I tried separating the old bezel and digitizer-yeh right! I tried getting a new bezel and digitizer separately and sticking them together with the old home button-yikes!



Get the three pieces together preassembled-its actually cheaper and the parts will work.



A plastic safe-pry tool to remove the old glass digitizer doesn't come with these parts and this would be my only negative about this item.

This is the best way to repair a broken iPod screen. Originally I bought just the replacement screen, but it is totally impractical to attempt to remount the gasket and digitizer from the original screen to a replacement screen. With this pre-assembled screen, digitizer, and Chassis bezel, it's literally a "snap"! Note that there is a protective film on BOTH sides of the replacement screen BEFORE assembling it to the iPod.

My iPod touch screen was smashed to the point where I could barely read the text on the screen in several places. It costs about 150 dollars to send it to Apple to repair. Instead, I bought this package for 16 dollars. It took about 2 hours for the whole procedure, since I had to remove the broken glass with some special tools. I recommend buying this : [...]



It provides all the tools you need to remove the broken glass without damaging anything else. It is only a few dollars and is well worth it.



Anyways, my 32 gb iPod Touch looks literally brand new and it only cost a total of $20 dollars and 2 hours of work, which were actually fun since I enjoy repairing things.

Thank you Closeout Master for saving my Ipod!! The Digitizer arrived Perfect and New and ready to install. Works Perfect! I recomend This to everyone! The only fault is that the Home button is a little stiff but thats no biggy because it works perfect. And its really really shiny. I will be getting an extra soon. Thank you again you saved my ipod touch.!!YOUR THE BEST CLOSEOUT MASTER!!

This product does not come with tool to do the replacement, I used a mini screwdriver and scratched the LCD screen underneath. Spend the $2 and get the proper tool. Otherwise I am very happy with this. It works great and saved my iPod.

This is the best solution for replacing a cracked screen. Just pop out the old digitizer and chassis bezel and snap this pre-assembled piece in. You don't have to worry about damaging the old chassis bezel which is almost certain to be damaged in the removal process anyway. Plastic tools may be too weak to pop out the bezel and you can use a fine blade screw driver to remove it and not worry if you break it. (Do be careful not to insert the metal blade too deeply in the top and bottom areas since you could damage underlying electronics. You don't have to worry about aligning the digitizer to the chassis bezel with adhesive. All in all this solution takes the least amount of skill. Be sure to watch on-line videos of the removal process for help.

This is a great replacement for the price. I broke the ribbon cable on my original screen after opening the ipod to change its battery, so I ordered this is as a replacement. The first one that arrived had shattered during shipping, but Amazon sent another one which arrived intact. The glass and home button construction are not quite as solid as the original, but for the price it performs fine. - Ipod Touch - Ipod - Frame - Repair Kits'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Repair Kits - ipod, repair kits frame Repair Kits - ipod, repair kits