Tuesday 11 August 2009

Pc Speakers - soundbar, pc speakers


I originally bought this product for a work project; there was a desire to reduce the [significant] desktop clutter resulting from multiple PCs, multiple monitors, and multiple sets of powered speakers in a dispatch environment.

There are quite a few monitors that have integrated speakers, but the volume and audio quality is somewhat lacking. I found this Dell alternative to desktop speakers that appeared to fit the bill; the price was right, the specifications were right, and the concept of placing the speakers immediately below the monitor was an appealing space-saving consideration. I knew that most of our monitors were now Dell, but was fully prepared to construct modified mounting brackets to make everything fit. I purchased one unit and brought it into work for everyone to see.

The speakers were an immediate hit. Mounting was very simple (for the Dell monitors) and it fit virtually any Dell monitor that we had. The sound quality was impressive, and certainly more than adequate for our needs. The volume levels also met our needs; typical monitor/speaker combination solutions are a bit too lame for many uses (including ours). The side-mounted volume/on-off control, vertically oriented bluish-white LED indicator (in the middle of the bar) added to the simplicity and elegance of the entire combination.

Once several of the decision makers saw and heard the product, a decision was made to move forward with an immediate purchase of these speakers for the dispatch center, along with a few extra ones for their own desktops. I ended up installing the unit that I purchased at one of the dispatch PCs to get feedback from the actual users, and the feedback was all positive.

I looked at several other options (e.g. HP, who has their own similar option) but the rated output volume would in all probability been too low for our needs. I know of one user with an HP monitor who actually mounted this Dell speaker bar and got rid of his desktop speakers. As mentioned, I was prepared to fabricate a suitable mounting option if they did not mount correctly, and was pleased that I did not have to construct brackets.

It looks like this is now the new "standard" in the group. Given the price/performance, I can't figure out why this isn't a more common option for standard PCs.



If you are looking for a medium-powered set of speakers for your Dell monitor (fits most modern Dell monitors) then I would recommend that you give this a try. There are no balance or tone controls on the speakers, so this might not be a good option for those who desire to play music at high levels (though most modern audio chipsets already give you this fine-tuning capability). But for applications involving voice (e.g. conferencing, general VoIP) or environments where extreme-volume are not needed, these are a good option.

Good day... Dell AX510 AX510PA SoundBar Sound Bar Speakers for Dell UltraSharp LCD Flat Panel Monitors - K512C

The main advantage of this sound bar is that it takes a pair of speakers off of your desk thus removing clutter. The sound isn't half bad for $26 and it mounts pretty easily. Unfortunately it still requires its own power supply since it won't power off of the monitor (at least the S2409W I have) but it does get its sound feed from the monitor. I recommend it if saving space is your primary concern.

Extremely easy to install (about 2 minutes). Most of the Dell monitors will have a power input so you don't need the additional cord and transformer that come with the soundbar, i.e. you will be able to plug the power cord directly into the monitor. The sound is exceptionally good FOR WHAT THIS IS. If you use your computer to listen to the radio, CDs, IPOD whatever then for heaven's sake get some good speakers, but if you just want a source of sound for videos and light music duties this thing is great. The big advantage is the clean install and freeing up desk space.

First let me say that, unlike one of the other reviews, mine definitely did come with the power brick to use this stand-alone. They said that it didn't, but mine definitely had it.



I have a U3011 Dell monitor, and this easily clipped on and plugged right in and off I went...



I'll be honest, I'm pretty disappointed in the sound, but I really was not expecting much. Between the small size and the small price, I expected it to sound, well, not great. I don't really expect it to sound better, but I would have paid $100 to get one that sounded good. My main speakers are PSB Alphas, which sounds great, but they cost over $200 and are big-ish.



I got this mostly for audio when I'm using my Playstation with the monitor, playing a game, to get audio via the HDMI, conveniently placed in front of me. And for that, they work just fine. The ease of connection and integration with the monitor was just great.



If you are worried the sounds quality won't be good enough for you, you're probably right... If you expect a $30 pair of speakers, you'll be fine.

Before you order this item, please make sure whether or not your monitor needs a power adapter. If your monitor does not have a power plug-in for the sound bar speaker, you will need a power adapter and that's the one with "PA". Or, you will end up getting something that's not usable AT ALL. The Amazon picture here is very confusing which shows a power adapter which is not included by some sellers.

This sound bar was exactly what I was looking for. It installed on the bottom of my Dell monitor with snap-on ease and plugged right in. No problems, no set up - very easy. Volume control on end of speaker and an indicator light to let you if it is on. No more speaker clutter on my desk!

Needed a speaker to listen to my music and videos and this was a great buy at a good price....blends in well with my flat screen monitor....plus a sweet little light displays in middle of speaker when you turn it on ... - Sound Bar - Pc Speakers - Soundbar'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pc Speakers - soundbar, pc speakers sound bar Pc Speakers - soundbar, pc speakers