Saturday 22 August 2009

Melissa  doug - dress up, firefighter suit


This was my son's "Santa gift" and he has absolutely adored it. He wears it practically everyday so it was definitely a good buy. The coat has held up very well. The top to the "fire extinguisher" comes off too easily though and is constantly getting lost. I decided to forgo putting batteries in the bullhorn since we already have a plethora of toys that make noise. It hasn't phased my son in the least, he plays with it just the same and pretends to talk through it. Melissa & Doug Fire Chief Costume Deluxe Role Play Set

We love Melissa and Doug products, but this was disappointing. Our kids LOVE dressing up and playing make believe so educationally its great. they wear the jacket and hat for days on end some times.



However, there were a number of negatives.



* The reflective bands around the sleeves and the body of the jacket came loose almost immediately and began to fray pretty badly. I have solved the problem by gluing the reflective material onto the jacket with a hot glue gun. It took a ton of time and glue to get the job done.



* You can actually put water in the fire extinguisher. Ugh. They kept sneaking into bathroom, filling it up and spraying water everywhere. True, you could say that I'm not supervising them well enough, but supervising a make believe session just seems like an oxymoron.



* One thing we've always loved about Melissa and Doug toys is that they aren't electronic. The little bull-horn was pretty annoying. I fixed that too :)



Nearly a year after we bought this (and fixed it) the kids still love playing with the jacket and hat, but that's because they're kids, not because this is a high quality toy.

This is a great, authentic looking fireman's uniform. For all the fans of local heros and "Fireman Sam" on TV this is a great gift. It will be a perfect Halloween costume this year for my 3 year old grandchild as his birthday is on Halloween. Very well made as are all the other toys and games by this manufacturer.

When you think bullhorn, don't you think you should be able to talk through it and have your voice amplified? Melissa and Doug dropped the ball on this one. The bullhorn is a SIREN ! No voice amplifier, just a siren! To think that savvy parents by M&D products because of the educational value, durability, and realism. That's not realism and it's just plain annoying. My poor son has to use his only outside, which is no fun in the winter when he wants to dress up, but we can't take it! The rest of the costume is perfect as expected. I left a message on M&D's voicemail about the problem and my concerns. I did not receive a response.

I bought this for my 2 year old grandson and when his older brother saw it, I had to purchase one for him. It looks like an actual firefighter's suit. Their mother took them down to the fire station and they were a big hit. Turned out to be a great learning experience for the boys. Fit is true to size.

Even though I bought this for my son's halloween costume, he wears it all the time. It has survived the washing machine and the sticky suckers and the dirt and mud. It is well made and my kid loves the bullhorn and fire extinguisher assessories and of course the "fire truck hat!" Well worth the money. I'm actually surprised they don't charge more for this outfit. - Dress Up - Melissa  doug - Firefighter Suit - Pretend Play'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Melissa  doug - dress up, firefighter suit melissa  doug Melissa  doug - dress up, firefighter suit