Wednesday 5 August 2009

Maternity Support Belt - maternity support belt, maternity


I am now 5 weeks out from my due date and i am having alot of back and hip pain- more than with my first pregnancy. I wanted something that would help out with the back pain and support my belly as it continues to grow. I had several picked out on amazon but decided to go with this one. I am glad i did. It arrived earlier than expected so i was pleased with that. I opened it up right away and put it on since i was going to be doing alot of walking. It works great! since i have started wearing it my back and hip pain have decreased alot! I work 10 hours a day still and have a toddler as well so this is a huge help since i dont have time to be in pain. I can also use it after i deliver as well which is a plus since i wasnt aware of that when i bought it. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because it bunches in the back when i wear it. Its kind of annoying to have to fix it. It also doesnt breathe very well and I am sweaty where the band was when i take it off at the end of the day. It is also a little bit bigger than i thought. I ordered a small/med bc i wear a size 8 and i feel that, although it works, i could use a bit more compression. It is also a nude color with lace detail vs. the black one in the picture. Overall i am glad that i bought this and would recommend it to others. Boppy Maternity Support Band - Small/Medium

I bought this support at Babies R Us and it's pretty good. I read the other reviews and after looking at all the maternity supports that are out there, I'm not sure what people's expectations are. It's not a miracle worker, I don't know how you can expect for it to completely alleviate the weight of your belly. I personally thought that for a product that claims to only "provide gentle abdominal support" and help to "ease" back pain, it does exactly what it says. No, it will not make you feel like you aren't pregnant anymore. No, it will not take away ALL of the ligament discomfort. But it does what it says... provides support and HELPS make you more comfortable. For the price, I think it's completely worth it. It does have velcrow that you need to line up, which I don't think is rocket science. Yes, the velcrow has some serious cling to it, and it can scratch you, but when you line it up right, it has a great grip and you don't have to worry about it coming off. If you don't buy the right size, such as if you buy one too small, the velcrow might not be completely covered when you close it and it will scratch you. Simple solution.... go to the store, try it on, and buy the right size.



I like to cinch mine tight , even though it creates a slight (very, very slight) muffin-top effect in the middle of my belly. I don't mind, because it's more comfortable to me. I don't wear it directly on my skin, I wear a camisole under it and then my shirt over it. I feel like it might not be that discreet, but my friends said that they didn't even notice until I said something. Again, for the price of comfort in my third trimester, this is acceptable to me. My advice-- spend $25 bucks and buy it to "help" make you more comfortable.

I was so excited to try this as I am having a lot of 3rd trimester lower back pain, but it was a huge disapointment.

It is no support at all. It doesn't feel any different on or off. Also, it would be impossible to line the velcro up straight.

I bought this band hoping to relieve some of my back pain during pregnancy. It does help some. It's not big and bulky, which is nice. My biggest complaint is it's hard to line up the velcro and if you don't get it lined up just right it will scratch you or dig into your leg or hip. The band also tends to roll up/fold if you move around too much while you're wearing it.

I'm still pregnant so I haven't tried it post-pregnancy like it advertises also.

This support band is useful when walking especially when using a lot of stairs. I only wear it to commute to work via train/subway however. Not sure if recommended to wear for long periods of time though.

I got this when I was 6 months pregnant and it worked well, taking the stress off my back and helping hold my belly in place while I worked at a job that kept me on my feet. It needs some adjustment, however, if sitting or constantly squatting, leaning down, or twisting. Now at 8 months, even if I am only standing, it bunches up under my stomach causing some cramping and makes my back sweat. Not useful at all. I will try it again for post pregnancy support. At $25, I expected more.

got this product because I wanted something to support my growing baby belly--I feel most of the weight in my lower abdomen, so having a little extra support there makes things more comfortable. When I first tried it on, it was a little too big to fit, but after a few weeks of growing more, its starting to fit nicely. I am predicting that it will be great for the last months of pregnancy. I bought the M/L size. Wish I would have bought the S/M size instead.

Bought this when I was 24 weeks pregnant because I was having bad round ligament and back pain. Using this has helped ease my discomfort and makes me feel more supported when I'm on my feet for extended periods of time. You have to be sure to get the Velcro lined up just right otherwise part of the belt will be poking your skin. Not so comfy. Otherwise, a good product for a good price.

I wore this when I was pregnant with twins. The support that the doctor ordered was tight and uncomfortable. This support is very comfortable and did not make me hot. It did not give me tons of support...which to get...you have to wear one that is very tight and restrictive. I would definately recommend this one!

This is a great item to have if you have to do a lot of standing. I work in the medical field and it's wonderful, it's also great when I go out shopping. The fit was a bit big, but it's wearable and I'm sure I will grow into it over the next two months! - Maternity Support Belt - Maternity Belt - Maternity - Maternity Support'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Maternity Support Belt - maternity support belt, maternity maternity support Maternity Support Belt - maternity support belt, maternity