Wednesday 5 August 2009

Great Value - exercise, fitness gear


I bought this product because I was ready to move up from my 20lb weightvest. The MiR is top quality, delivered quickly, and I was using it within minutes of it being delivered. As far as doing PT with it, I haven't had any issues with the vest with one exception. At times, the vest (front panel) feels like it is going to flip out/off when trying to do pushups with your feet elevated. I'm thinking that MiR should add velcro to the space between the top and bottom panels on the front, as well as velcro to the outer fabric on the weight panel areas so that users can have the choice (based on the exercise they are doing) to configure the vest velcro straps as securely as it can be. Other than this, the vest performs excellent in all sorts of drills/exercises: burpees, plyo jumps, pullups, chins, ring dips and pushups, etc. Overall...an awesome investment! Highly recommended. (Weekly Special Sale - 30% Off/5 Days Only !) New! MIR 50lbs Short Adjustable Weighted Vest (One Size Fits All. Weights Included.)

I ordered and received the MiR 60Lbs Short Adjustable Weighted Vest. It arrived quickly. The vest itself is way too narrow to fit me - and I'm only a 42 chest. The one-size-fits-all claim by the manufacturer is NOT realistic: while it adjusts for length, it can't be functionally adjusted for width, since the load bearing straps are anchored in set locations and will center on that plane... which, for me, concentrated the weight way too close to my neck. There is no angular contour in the vest, and even trying to angle the velcro joint makes no improvement. So, instead of bearing on my bones in the shoulders, the 60 pound load hung from my trapezius muscles which is uncomfortable for any length of time, and not the proper or healthy way to support weight on the shoulders. My present (old and worn Ironwear) weight vest has 40 pounds in it, but remains comfortable.



The materials MiR used to construct the actual pockets which hold the weights are a strong webbing, but the material used for the body of the vest is actually quite thin woven polypropylene, and the foam inside is thin junk. The sewing of the pockets to the vest is a single line with no bar-tacking or reinforcement. Overall materials and construction may look good in pictures, but in your hands is obviously inferior. I really don't know how this product got so many positive reviews.



The return was not easy or inexpensive either... My local post office would not permit a flat rate box to bulge even a little, unlike the post office in San Jose which MiR uses, so I had to ship back using Priority Mail which costs 4 times as much. Since I had fallen for MiR's gimmick of giving me a second vest for free but paid huge nonrefundable shipping costs for that, the total cost of the return was very high... over nine-ty all included.



I recommend staying away from this company's products, and instead looking at other brands, preferably with the product in your hands BEFORE you buy. The XVest appears to be a better bet, and has multiple sizes, but I have not examined one in person yet.

I bought this just last week and I have been doing the stair master with 38lbs so far for 10 min on 60 steps per minute. I will work up to the full 50lbs for 10 min. I am training to be a Firefighter in Arizona. I do think it is a good vest. It doesn't move around on me nearly at all and you can change out the weights and use it for different exercises. I use around 30lbs when I go on an hour mountain hike. The only thing that needs to be improved is the Lower Torso strap. Sometimes the strap is hard to manage and it doesn't feel that secure. Maybe some belt loops with the ability to use a real belt are in the near future? Overall I like the way it sits on the shoulders and the distribution of the weight is good too. They are selling 30 pound vests at Wallmart for 99.99 and when I saw this 50 pound for this price, I knew I had to get it.

I purchased this vest and it arrived in about 8 days which I am happy with considering I live overseas and it was shipped to a APO address. The weights are excellent quality along with the vest itself. The only issue is that the clip on the strap broke as soon as I put it on to adjust it to my size. The good news is the strap does have Velcro on it so it should hold until I replace the clip.

Looked like a nice product. I have tried it out and found it to be very comfortable considering the 50 pounds your lugging around and it does and act exactly how it is described. If it ever breaks (I hope it does not) i would buy the same one. Also, MiR was extremely fast in getting my order out to me.

I was very impressed with the quality and comfort of this vest compared to other weighted vests I have used in the past. The length is not at all restrictive, like most vests out there, and the vest sits comfortably (relatively speaking - it is 50 lbs!!) on the shoulders. A waist strap keeps it secure even while working out at high intensities. Very satisfied!

Received the MiR Vest in the mail less than three days after placing the order; cant beat that for expediency!

The vest is great due to its fit for comfort and appropriate length and adjustable weight to allow for various workouts!

Sturdy construction. Weights easy to remove/replace. not suited for longer workouts at higher weights as it is very uncomfortable on the traps. Needs more padding. Better suited for shorter workouts. - Fitness - Weight - Exercise - Fitness Gear'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Great Value - exercise, fitness gear exercise Great Value - exercise, fitness gear