Sunday 26 July 2009

Interval Training


I love the timer. Absolutely awesome product. I would have rated this product 5-stars, but the included manufacturer's instructions are ridiculously awful. Luckily, I found instructions on the amazon.com site from another purchaser that he was kind enough to link. A real life saver.



GymBoss would do themselves and their public a great service by either publishing (and including with the timer) a very good user sheet OR putting up a web page with all of the great uses for the timer and exactly how to take advantage of them with well thought-out instructions provided to help individuals achieve their fitness goals. Just a thought.... Gymboss GB2010 BLACK SOFTCOAT

I really like the stronger vibrate mode on this black Gymboss for when I'm in the gym and don't want to use the beep alert. The softcoat gives the timer more grip as well which makes it feel much more durable.

I had been doing tabata exercises before and thought I was doing great until I got my timer. The intervals keep me on schedule so much better than watching a clock. I can put my efforts into my routine and not in clock watching and I can tell I am doing so much more intense workouts now. The new black color is great- soft feel to the finish. I keep it clipped to my pocket edge and don't have to keep looking at it-it beeps to tell me when time is up. I would give the gymboss a 5 Star rating. Gymboss GB2010 BLACK SOFTCOAT

This little gadget is far superior to any sports watch I've owned. It can be used for intervals or as a stop watch. I do interval HIT weightlifting and bodyweight workouts and I'm really hooked on Gymboss. I don't have to worry with setting my watch on the computer or glancing at it from time to time. Moreover, I can set the Gymboss to time my exercises and my rests and time needed to go to the next exercise. This is a terrific feature.



The beep or alarm can be set to be loud or softer or even vibrate or any combination of these. It's really well made and nice looking. When you have it on you forget you're wearing it until it goes to work. It uses one AAA battery and when not used for several minutes, it goes into sleep mode to save any drain on the battery.



Setup takes just a bit of time to learn. The instructions that come with the unit are not great. But the website is rich with video instructions and a PDF file you can download. I found that by watching the videos I quickly got the hang of what the buttons are and how to set it up and use it. Be sure and watch these videos before you use your Gymboss. You'll be glad you did.



I next did a short workout. I set the number of exercises I would do and the amount of time for each one plus the time I needed to go to the next exercise. It's great not to have to watch the clock or count reps or worry about the time. I do slow reps and really don't count reps. I'm more concerned with the intensity and time. So I love the Gymboss.



Some features of Gymboss include:



* One or two different time intervals from 2 seconds to 99 minutes

* Auto mode keeps repeating through intervals

* Set up to 99 rounds

* Manual mode acts as countdown timer

* Stopwatch Function

* Alarm by beep, vibration, or both

* Alarm duration of 1, 5, or 10 seconds

* Size of a small pager (1 3/4 x 2 1/4 inches)

* Water and shock resistant

* AAA battery required



Gymboss helps you maximize, Anaerobic endurance, Cardio endurance, Increased VO2max, Muscle strength, size, and endurance and

Fat loss. I can't imagine doing a workout without Gymboss. It's quickly become my fitness buddy. I can't imagine any workout that wouldn't be more powerful with this little gadget, no matter what fitness program you use. There are many ways to use it so it will increase the intensity of your workout and let you concentrate on accomplishing your fitness goals.



Gymboss will count sets, reps, even the length of time you take for a rep if you want that. In fact, if you need to time anything, you can easily do it with this little thing. The rubberized exterior is really great too. No fingerprints on the unit. Has a nice tactile feel to it. I also appreciate the fact that the phone number of customer support is clearly written on the back of the unit. What a great idea! A few quick instructions are also written on the back on the clip. The clip, by the way, is a really good one. Very durable.



There is one thing about the timer that I don't like. I often do the PACE program. In that program, each interval is for a different amount of time. There's an exertion time and a rest time, etc. Each exertion and rest time is different. The Gymboss can't be used for this type of timing. I have an interval timer on my watch that does the job nicely. So, I use that. So, at least to me, that's somewhat of a limitation to the Gymboss.



Highly recommended.



-- Susanna K. Hutcheson

My older Gymboss timer died an early death due to a leaking Gatorade bottle in my gym bag...there wasn't that much liquid spilled actually, but I guess it was very fragile as a few other reviewers have noted. So I kind of HAD to replace it with this one.



1. Appearance: much nicer looking black softcoat, compared to my previous plain silver plastic model. The lettering/styling is nicer-looking, too.

2. Tactile ergonomics: that softcoat makes a HUGE difference! The older model often felt liable to slip out of my fingers esp. if they were sweaty from a workout.

3. The buttons are made of a harder and rougher-textured plastic, so they feel more solid and less slippery than the old ones.

4. Recessed REBOOT pin-button...I don't remember the old one having this.

5. Instructions: seem easier to read and understand.



Unfortunately I had already thrown away the old timer, so I can't verify #4 and 5. The general user interface is still not nearly as intuitive as it could be, but for some reason it feels simpler or more streamlined with this new model.



Overall I am very happy to get this...for my Tabata workouts (wind sprints and occasionally, stuff in the gym) this nifty little timer is indispensable! Ordered it from e Bay, saved a few bucks on the shipping.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Interval Training Interval Training Interval Training