Sunday 26 July 2009

Dvd Cleaner - cleaning, cleaners


The Scotch Disc Cleaner is a neat little cleaner. It does not purport to remove scratches, and it doesn't, but it does do a very great job at cleaning smudges, fingerprints, dust and other crud from a DVD or CD playing surface. Every time I rent a DVD, it is undubtedly plagued by the last renter's fingerprints, dog drool, etc. I always pop a rented disc into this cleaner, and in ten seconds it is spotless. It prevents irritating frame freezes and shifts while watching a movie, and keeps my home DVD player and car CD player (which is very sensitive to smudges) playing flawlessly. Scotch Disc Cleaner for CD and DVD

We rent DVDs from Netflix (they're great!) and we borrow them from the library. In order to preserve the life or our DVD Player, we clean everything that goes into it.



I used to get the cleaner at Best Buy, but no one local seems to have it anymore. I've tried some other types, even Scotch brand, but this is my favorite. I just spray and spin the DVD in the contraption. I don't worry that I might damage the DVD because the cloth I'm using isn't soft enough or I'm not using the right amount of cleaning fluid.



I probably get about 75 - 100 cleanings before I buy a new one. I swear some people use DVDs to blow their nose, so these are some dirty DVDs I'm cleaning.

This product does clean fingerprints and stains succesfully but dont expect much from the very fragile plastic device since it starts cracking and getting loose very soon. Not for removing heavy stains or scratches.

I purchased another brand disc cleaner at a video game store. The package claimed that it worked on dvd players. It did not work, and hoping to save the money of replacing the dvd player, I tried the Scotch Disc Cleaner. It worked like a charm and now I do not have to replace my dvd player. I highly recommend this product.

This may not be new information, but this product is extremely fragile. I used it once before it broke. There's a plastic ring that keeps the cleaning wheel in position so it can latch onto the gears and spin. Immediately after I used it the first time, the ring came off, so the cleaning wheel fell on the disc and scratched it (which was a bit counterproductive as I had purchased this to improve the performance of my CDs). I tried sticking the ring back on, but everything I used to get it to stay blocked the wheel from spinning. Now, if I hold it in just the right angle, I can get my CDs in without the wheel falling off, or the disc falling off the base. Which was good for a few more cleanings. But then it stopped cleaning the outside edge of the discs. The middle part cleans fine, but it doesn't seem to touch the edge at all. So much for clean, shiny discs that work properly.

I looked at many disc cleaners and their reviews before deciding to purchase this one, and I was not disappointed.



One of the main things that makes this one fantastic is the direction of cleaning. The design allows for the direction of the cleaning strokes to go from the inside of the CD out towards the edge instead of around the disc, which is the recommended way of cleaning discs from disc manufacturers.



The cleaning fluid smells like regular rubbing alcohol, so it would be cheap to refill the little spray bottle. Alcohol is great at dissolving grease and smudges (like from fingerprints) and also evaporates quickly so the disc comes out dry or almost dry.



Putting dirty discs in your CD and DVD players can cause the optical reader to get dirty faster and shorten the life of your player (or at least the lens, for those who repair rather than replace). Most of the movies I watch are checked out from the local public library, and I can definitely tell the difference in playing quality (even for lightly scratched discs) since I've started using the Scotch Disc Cleaner.

Quick, simple and easy to operate. Works manually with Excellent results. (Took me a moment to figure out opening it the first time.) Comes with spray on liquid cleaner that could be made at home for continued using of the item. - Cleaning - Disc Repair - Cleaners - Dvd Cleaner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dvd Cleaner - cleaning, cleaners cleaning Dvd Cleaner - cleaning, cleaners