Saturday 25 July 2009

Double Edge - affordable, replacement blades


This is a great deal: buying this pack of 100 blades gives you 7 types of blades - if you look at this fact and think "I only need 1 type of blade; I can pretend to be happy with the largest amount I can buy at once," then consider the fact that all blades are made with different blade angles, manufacturing guidelines, etc. These blades give you both enough blades of each type to 'get used to' each, but not too many to regret if one type isn't for you. This is a much better idea than buying, say, 1,000 of some specific blade (say, 7 AM) and then realizing you can't get a good shave with it.



So why only a 4-star rating? Well, there's the 40 FEATHER BlueBird KAI GILLETTE ASTRA SHARK LORD DERBY Sampler Blades that has 20 types of blades, with 2 blades of each type. Honestly, this is probably a better idea for several reasons: It gives you more variety, and it costs less overall. However, this product is still a good deal, especially if you want to give each type of blade a lot of tries. Double Edge Safety Razor Blade Variety Pack - 100 Blades!

Believe it or not, these blades all perform differently. This is a great way to be sure that your DE shave is all that it can be. I personally have settled on the "Sharp" brand blades.



Throw out that Makemecrazy3 or whatever those are called, spend a few more minutes giving yourself a treat in shaving.

I just switched from cartridge to safety razors a month ago. I got my dad's classic safety razor and ordered this pack of blades. I have been enjoying trying out the different blades to see which ones work best for me. So far I think I like the Astra Platinum the best. Buying the variety pack was the recommendation in the reviews of one of the other single-brand blade packs, and it made sense. I'm really glad I bought this pack.

What more can one say? This variety pack of blades offers you the opportunity to try from a wide selection of blades from around the world. Find what you like or don't like and settle into a lifetime of shaving, knowing you've sampled and chosen from the best. Item is exactly as advertised, for a reasonable price, delivered promptly.

I started using a safety razor and have not regretted the decision. These work MUCH better than all of those high priced disposables. Theres so many choices..finding the best one for my face is kinda important to me lol.

Stick with some decent shave cream and you will have a very happy face.

i figured what the heck, I'll get the pack and hope that at least some of these blades are worth using. Several are actually very good. I really liked the Astra Platinum and Shark blades a lot. They are worth the price for the whole thing. I get a better shave with the Astra Platinum after two plus weeks than most blades brand new. They are fantastic blades. The Shark are almost as good. I did not like the 7am at all. Overall, I'm very satisfied in the package because it really is nice to find a few good blades that I like.

I bought this variety pack shortly after I started shaving with a safety razor. I've found this to be a nice way to compare the blades and form an opinion on what I'm going to use long term once I use these up.



I've found that the Shark blades seem rough even when brand new, but they stay sharp (if rough) for a good time. The 7AM blades are nice, though they seem to lose their edge quicker than most. So far I'm happiest with the Astra blades - very close, comfortable shave - they don't hold their edge as long as the Shark blades, but they don't make me hate shaving the way the Sharks do.



Your opinions/preferences may completely disagree with mine, but that's the advantage of this variety pack - you can try them all out for yourself without investing in any one of them.

It's a lot of blades -- it's probably going to last me a couple of years. I've definitely found some brands and models that don't work so well for me, although none that really seem great. There are quite a few repeats, you get a packs of blades per brand and model.

I got this to try out blades other than Shark. It's a good concept to have this, but I find myself digging through the bag, looking for Shark blades like a kid digging through crap candy in his Halloween stash.



I haven't gone through all the brands yet, but so far I tried Astras and another one whose name I can't recall... anyways, they had to be replaced after two shaves, which is insane.



Next buy will be a 100-pack of Sharks. - Affordable - Replacement Blades - Wetshaving - Razor Blade'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Double Edge - affordable, replacement blades affordable Double Edge - affordable, replacement blades