Saturday 18 July 2009

Bath Accessories - feet, bath


Lots of hype over the TV-advertised foot scrubber, but reviews blast the company as being remarkably dishonest. This is a great alternative to the heavily advertised version. More expensive up front, but no dishonest misrepresentation or deception. Works great. My feet never felt better. Arthritic back makes it painful to bend over to reach my feet. Using this, I don't need to bend over. Scrubs my feet very well. Avivo Shower Sandal Footscrubber

I agree with the other review. This is a great idea. But there are a few things that keep it from being perfect.



This brush is obviously not designed for a grown man's feet. I have size 12 feet and while scrubbing, I bang the top of my foot on the crossover. I haven't broken the skin but it does hurt a little. Also it doesn't stick to the bathtub very well. So the brush tends to move around when you're scrubbing. You need to use a liquid soap. No way for bar soap to work. I use old, leftover soap that I melt in hot water & put in old shampoo bottles. You could use liquid body wash. But why?



If they could make one in a larger size & find a way to make it stick better, I would give this 5 stars. But it does the job well enough as is.

I purchased the Avivo Shower Sandal Footscrubber for my father, a six foot three burly cop who is generally impossible to buy for, and he absolutely loves this product as he no longer has to struggle in a cramped shower space to scrub the bottom of his feet. If you or someone you know also happens to be a grizzled cop with the build of an Alaskan lumberjack who has trouble washing their feet and is difficult to shop for, I highly recommend ordering the Avivo Shower Sandal. If this hasn't convinced you to buy this product, I don't know what will.

If you have any type of "texture" on the floor or your shower or tub (non-slip surface), this will not stick! I'm still keeping it because I need it due to a knee injury, but in order to use it, I have to jam it into the corner of the shower and hold the back with my other foot while I use it!



I thought the price was high for what you get.

When rheumatoid arthritis flares up, bending my knees is painful, and scrubbing is very painful for my hands. This shower sandal helps. It doesn't stick to the shower floor very well. So I press the shower sandal to the smooth bottom of the plastic Rubbermaid dishpan that I use for soaking my feet. In the shower, having the foot scrubber in the dishpan helps the sandal in place, keeps the soapy water where I want it for washing my feet, and allows me to scrub one foot at a time, and rinse the soap off with a shower wand to avoid slipping around on soapy feet.

This sandal is better than washing my feet without it. I'm in my mid 70s and have spinal arthritis which keeps me from reaching my feet with my hands. The only problem with using is that it doesn't really cling to the bottom of my shower as I expected it to do, buy I'm able to use it by holing it still with one foot as I move my other foot through it (a bit tricky here if one has balance problems).

This foot scrubber is a "Five Toe" in and out of our shower, so we gave it Five Stars. Here's why. It is amphibious-like because we use it in and outside of the shower. It is an effective foot massager placed on the floor next to a chair. If you use this there and your feet are a bit tender, wearing socks may help your feet feel more comfortable. Overall the bristles are bendable enough to soothingly brush over the tickly nerves on the feet. The band over the top and the generous suction cups underneath helps keep the foot snugly in place. Have you noticed that sometimes when soaps run down your legs that the detergent stays on your feet when you get out of the shower? Well, this scrubber takes care of making sure your feet are soap, shampoo, conditioner and shaving foam-free. After a good scrubbing in the shower, and drying the feet and walking about barefoot, the feet feel like they can breathe. Definitely, this product is recommended for everyone, and especially for anyone that needs help reaching their feet. For those who need to sit down when taking a shower and love a good foot massage, this will be a great gift too.

This is not the product I was originally looking for, however its amazing and I love it. No more having to try and reach in a shower to clean my feet with a wash cloth. I know my feet are clean and helps with the dry skin you can sometimes get in the winter.

The product has only one flaw. It slips when you put your foot in and try to clean. It will not stick to the shower floor and you have to hold it with your other foot in order to use it. The suction cups on the bottom are to small and I think that is the reason they want stick. Other than that the sandal is an excellent product and I would highly recommend it. - Massage - Feet - Bath - Foot Massager'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bath Accessories - feet, bath bath Bath Accessories - feet, bath