Saturday 4 July 2009

Aspire One 9-cell Battery - acer aspire one battery, aspire one battery


No surprise, this is a big battery. It extend out the back and off the bottom a good inch. SO WHAT! I didn't buy this battery for it's small size, I bought it for the extended runtime! First indications are I'll get about 9 hours on a charge. Even with the battery the netbook is still smaller than anything else, and now I can go all day w/out plugging in. Exactly what I ordered! If you're looking for something small, use the battery that the computer comes with. If you're looking for an extended runtime, this is what you want! Extended Capacity Laptop Battery for Acer Aspire One A110, A150, AOA110 AOA150 ZG5 Series (Black, 9 cells)

The obvious appeal of this product is the extended battery life. I needed a replacement battery for my little Acer netbook after the original (3 cell) Acer battery stopped taking a charge, and for the price difference it just makes sense to get the super-battery. So far, the battery has lived up to the claims. I have stopped packing up my power cord for carrying the netbook around, and I don't need to be near an outlet to use the device for more than a couple of hours at a time. I always liked the little computer; now that I don't have to worry about plugging it in every few hours I like it even more.



Upon initial charging, the netbook did indeed report a 9 hr charge, and a full charge continues to register around 9 hrs. Naturally, the actual use-time varies depending on how the computer is used. For example, the netbook draws more power when displaying video than it does when word processing. Actual use-time is nevertheless impressive for either purpose, and far exceeds the available use-time of the smaller 3 cell batteries.



I recently sat in a major-chain book-store and surfed the web while waiting for an author event to begin. I got several discrete but envious glances from people who probably noticed that I was surfing tether-free, and that I had plenty of room for the small device even on my absurdly tiny cafe table. (I deduced that my table was originally ordered for the children's department and was only pressed into service due to the unexpected demand for high-priced and strangely-flavored coffee drinks, which clearly exceeded the negligible demand for actual books.) The device performed well, and it was nice to have plenty of charge available - the little netbook is finally living up to its potential.



The battery is indeed physically larger and heavier than the original, because it is a 9 cell rather than a 3 cell. But whatever drawback that may offer is more than made up for by the added convenience of the extended battery life. It looks good, and it is shaped to look like it belongs. It also lifts the back of the netbook slightly, tilting the base and the keyboard at a shallow angle. That may take some people a little time to get used to - but it looks jaunty and it doesn't make typing any more difficult. And the little netbook still weighs less than many of the hardcover books that the customers at the bookstore were avidly not buying.



It should theoretically have a longer lifetime than the comparable 3 cell batteries, because of the longer charge/discharge cycle, but we will just have to wait and see. Overall, the extended capacity 9 cell battery is a great product that makes the netbook more portable and more versatile.

This a great battery. I don't have to carry around my power cord with me all the time. It lasts about 2 1/2 times longer than my stock one did. I like the angle it adds to the computer. I recommend it.

Had the battery a few weeks. I am happy with it. The first time I charged it, it showed 6+10 hours. The next time it was 7+15. Have not charged it since.



A great feature of this larger battery for me, is that it raises the back end of my netbook one inch - making it easier to type on.

The battery is completely dead after a month of use, and Dekcell will not respond to my repeated inquiries through their website. Buyer beware... so far the "1 year warranty" has proved to be useless.

I bought this battery because I'm always on the goand don't have much time to charge my netbook so I saw this battery as the perfect solution to my problems but it only worked for about 2 month and after that didn't worked at all.

It may have been defective. I charged it per the enclosed directions (overnight charge, 12 hours) but the battery never charged. After an easy,

quick return to Amazon, I ordered another through Amazon from a different supplier.

I'm getting close to 8 hours of battery life out of the battery doing a variety of tasks, including idle time. What a huge improvement over the wimpy battery Acer includes with the AAO.



The footprint of the battery really isn't that big. As others have written, it works well as a handle and props the machine up a little bit - I find that makes it a little easier to type when placed on a flat surface. I don't have any problems using it on my legs as others have stated. The ability to tilt back the screen is significantly impacted, worse than I was expecting. I don't see this impacting my usability but I can see how this could be a problem for some.



The battery dimensions are ever so slightly smaller than the factory battery, making the fit a little sloppy. The latch pins to hold the battery in place for the AAO aren't stout either. I have to wonder how it will hold up over time. So far so good.



The battery I received had a lower mAh rating than what was listed: 6600 mAh is what I got. Amazon was great in resolving this minor discrepancy.



Overall I'm satisfied and would recommend this product to others.

I bought this battery just before my first semester of college and was very very pleased. At first. I used it regularly almost every day and I loved having between 8 and 10 hours of battery life. Then second semester rolled around and it won't hold a charge anymore. I reverted to my original battery and am in the market for a new brand of battery pack. - Aspire One Battery - Acer Aspire One - Acer Aspire One Battery - Netbook'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Aspire One 9-cell Battery - acer aspire one battery, aspire one battery netbook Aspire One 9-cell Battery - acer aspire one battery, aspire one battery