Friday 26 June 2009

Violin Case


I didn't see any reviews for this product when i ordered it but was willing to take my chances, and am very pleased with my decision. It is a well made case with plenty of room. I own an electric "Wood Violin-(Saber)" and needed a case that would protect as well as have a storage place for shoulder rest, rosin, tuner, etc. My Saber fits in this case perfect like the case was specifically made for this violin, and the lower storage compartment has plenty of room for my "kork' tuner and metronome still in there boxes. The storage compartment for the rosin is very small, but there was plenty of room in the lower storage compartment for that also. The storage compartment for the shoulder rest is a little tight, but then again the rest that I have is also a taller one due to the fact that this is an electric violin, I tried the "Kun" shoulder rest from my accoustic violin and it fits well. They also provide a very nice Padded cloth to go over top of the violin. The onlt thing I didn't care for was the means to hold the violin securely in place, rather than a secure velcro hold down they use just a thin piece of ribbon that you tie around the finger board, this seams to work okay, will see just how long it lasts. All and all I am very pleased with this product and would reccomend this pruduct to anyone looking for a nice case with a nice price. ViolinSmart Oblong Violin Case 4/4 Full Size (Green)

The case is OK for the money. As another reviewer also noted the space is too large for my 4/4 violin. I had to make some foam alterations to keep it from moving around too much. The build quality is only OK at best. If I were to make the purchase again I would spend a little more money on a better case.

In regards for space, it's very spacious for things like shoulder rest, tuner, rosins, etc... However, the quality of the product for the price of $75.00 is very poor. It's more like a $40.00 worth of quality. The picture looks very deceiving. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone for $75.00. You would be better of paying $30.00 or more to a local music store that sells better quality case.

This is in general a good case for the money. The problem I experience is that the space is too big for my full-size violin. My violin has too much room to jiggle inside the case. I have to use a little wash cloth to keep the violin in place.

This is a very nice case, with a beautiful interior. Love that it has a hard handle and seems very sturdy. This was one of our complaints with the last case. The only thing my daughter dislikes is that there is only one little ribbon to hold the violin in place and even when tied tightly it doesn't feel very secure!. We are trying to come up with a solution for this. Overall we are very pleased, especially for the great price.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Violin Case Violin Case Violin Case