Tuesday 23 June 2009

Powershot Stapler - stanley, staple gun


Good construction. Easy to use. But it's weak for a heavy duty staple gun. My rusty arrow heavy duty staple gun had no trouble driving staples into pine but this gun with the same staples left a gap between staple and wood. Surebonder 5650 All-In-1 Heavy Duty Staple Gun

I had one stapler for 30+ yrs and happened to leave it behind at the range a week or so ago. That was used very hard and when left behind, did not have as much as a scratch on it. I've been looking for a replacement since, and have not found one. This looked the best, but...., it was chrome, it did not have the handle lock as shown, and it did not seat the staples evenly in different types of wood at any settings. I've sent it back. Very disappointed. Worse is, so far I have been to four stores and can not find any as nice, simplistic, compact and comfortable as my old stapler. So taken for granted, I don't even know who made it.



TSC sells this in chrome for $24, with the adjustment for depth on the top of the head, not one the side as this has. That also did not have the handle lock. Have to wonder who is designing this stuff?



My original stapler had a staple remover, a lock for the handle, worked on every size staple, was easy on the hand, no power adjust necessary, and, it never failed.... still looking.



Update 8/12/11: After driving well over 100 miles trying to find an in stock stapler to see if my staples would work, I finally went to Lowes and HD, I ended up with the Powershot HD forward action staple gun from HD. I just tried it in the same wood used to test the Surebonder stapler sold on Amazon, and it does not bury the staples nearly as well as that did (even though they did not go in evenly), and it does not seat them nearly as well as my 30 yr old stapler did.



I tried every stapler that is in stock. I wear XXL gloves and have big hands. Even so, the most expensive and what appeared to be the best stapler at HD, after three clicks on the handle, it had already had pinched the palm of my hand trying to use it.



The Powershot is by far the most ergonomic of any tested. Didn't expect I might need shorter staples as I only used either 1/2" or 9/16" staples in the past. If the Surebonder would have shown up as advertised on Amazon, I may have kept it. I liked the looks, it had a handle lock, which the one I received from Amazon did not, and it had more power than the Powershot. The difference in power is significant.

My staple gun arrived and it's as chrome as a Harley's tailpipes - not black at all. That's the only issue I have with it.



I'm using it to staple art canvas onto pine stretcher bars. Works great; the staples go in totally flush for me. If I increase the tension setting, it will bury the crown of the staple in the wood completely.



Haven't had it for long, but I haven't had any jams yet, even when I accidentally put some non-heavy duty staples in it (this caused it to shoot 3 staples at a time, btw).

Never buy the wrong staples again? The box of 5/16" Surebonder staples I just threw away begs to differ. Despite saying on the box itself that 5/16" will fit, they DO NOT. Never buying any Surebonder products again. - Pneumatic Stapler - Staple Gun - Stanley - Staplers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Powershot Stapler - stanley, staple gun staplers Powershot Stapler - stanley, staple gun