Wednesday 10 June 2009

Fishing - lures


OK, I am a bassoholic, I admit it. I have just about every book on striped bass and have fished it almost exclusively for near 38 years from shore and boat from Nantucket to Virginia (but 90% in NE). This book was a little bit of a let down for me. I get SWS and figured this would be the modern day defacto-standard complete works on how-to. But is is just an introduction IMO. There could be a lot more details. It is worth it if you are not familiar fishing for stripers and want a quick lesson, and there are some decent sections and good basic info but there are other books that are far more interesting and have more detailed info. I bought it, read it and it sits on the shelf...haven't opened it since. Striped Bass Fishing: Salt Water Strategies (Salt Water Sportsman)

I am new to surfcasting and found the book to be a good overall source of information about fishing for Stripah. It's a good source for someone breaking into the sport.The book has some great illustrations and covers everything from migration to location to baits and rigs to conservation.A nice book to pass to my son in a few years.

Not quite as pretty as a some fly fishing coffee table books, but beautiful pictures and finally a fishing book with recepies.Format is a little choppy with the multi-author approach, with some redundancies. - Lures'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fishing - lures lures Fishing - lures