Thursday 11 June 2009

Arch Support


I have been suffering from plantar fascitis for the past couple of years and things got even worse when I started playing tennis. Feet were really sore through the day and stepping out of bed was a nightmare. Visited a podiatrist and he recommended custom orthotics which I have been using for the past year and a half. I started looking for alternate options when they began to wear out and I did not want to shell out hundreds for the custom ones.



From my research on the internet, I shortlisted rigid orthotics from two brands - Moszkito and Spenco



I use both of them currently and have had good results, same as what I have got from my custom orthotics. I use the Moszkito on my dress shoes and Spenco on my sports shoes.



Spenco feels extremely comfortable and it fit in the shoes rightaway without any modifications. They feel less rigid than the Moszkito ones which hardly bend. The cost factor is defintely in favor of Spenco since they are way more affordable. For about $15.00, this is a gamble you defintely would not avoid to get rid of your foot/heel pain and if it works, you could fit all your shoes with a pair so that you do not have to move them around shoes.



Final take - If you are in pain, do not hesitate to give this a try. They work well for me. They may work well for you too! Spenco Rx Orthotic (3/4 Length), Women's 9-10 / Men's 8-9

Having worn custom orthotics, I was interested in trying the Spenco orthotic because it had a rigid base and was adjustable. The instructions for adjustment were very sparse, stating to place them in boiling water for 2 minutes and to then adjust as desired. This did not work for me, as I would have hoped that the plastic base would have been more malleable, and it was difficult to hold in position while waiting for it to cool. Customer service said to place it in a shallow pan of boiling water, turn the heat off and wait for 2 minutes and then adjust. This did not work for me either. Finally, I placed the orthotic in my bench vise to hold it in the adjustment that I wanted and used a heat gun to heat the plastic bottom of the orthotic. After leaving it in the vise for a few minutes to cool, it held the shape the I desired and they are very satisfactory to me.



I love the WARRANTY--one year UNCONDITIONAL warranty--if they do not help you or you are dissatisfied, return them to the manufacturer for a full refund--now that is confidence in their product!



The orthotics seem of good quality and their adjustability is a big selling point for me, though it is a little bit of a hassle to do the adjustment. If there is another brand that is adjustable, I would like to know it. I am considering buying a couple of more of these orthotics to have for each pair of shoes.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Arch Support Arch Support Arch Support