Tuesday 5 May 2009

Invicta


Great looking watch. I love that you can adjust it yourself with just a small screwdriver. The flame fusion crystal is nice because it shines bright in the light with a slight blueish tinge, although you would never know that by looking at the pictures here. The watch really sparkles under the light.

The two small problems I have with the watch- it has a tachymeter measurement around the outside, I have no idea what that is, and second, the band is rubberish and squeaks sometimes when it rubs against itself. But overall, a very nice, affordable, watch. Invicta Men's 6713 Sea Spider Collection Chronograph Black Ion-Plated Watch

I bought this watch as a gift for a friend. The watch keeps good time and looks nice. It also keeps out water well and can be worn in the pool or shower. The band was rubbish and was replaced after a month due to poor construction and material. The price of $120 was fair. According to its list price of $795, well, that's just crazy. It's a good $100 watch, and I find saying it's a $795 watch is dishonest. A real $750 watch would have better crystal, much better workmanship, better movement, and a name like Tissot, Tag, Ball, or Fortis. I just don't want a buyer to be mislead thinking they're buying a high end watch when this is, in fact, a cheap, low-end watch with a value of about $120.00. Understand this the buyer would not be disappointed.

I received this Black Sea Spider yesterday and was floored by how bold the design is. I was looking for a cool, easy to read Chronometer/Tachymeter that could be worn as a Daily Casual watch. This 6713 fits the bill. It is big (Case 50mm) but the weight isn't too bad and the special rubber linked band helps with that, too. I adjusted the band length myself with small screwdrivers. I think you are supposed to remove the smaller screws, but it was just easier for me to remove the larger shiny ones! The nighttime viewing is good---Keeping in mind that the watch face gets a good daytime charge first. I wore it in the sun a couple of hours this morning and went to a movie wearing it this afternoon. All the markers were clearly visible and bright! I'm very happy about that, because some of my other Invicta watches have useless illumination.



Whereas the Quartz movement is Swiss, and some of the other parts and components ARE Swiss, I think this watch is one of the Invicta models assembled in China. If that doesn't bother you--(Keep in mind, MANY big-name watch companies are doing this to keep costs down) I'd say this is a GREAT WATCH for the money. I picked it up at an online retailer for $89.00!!! There are deals to be found on this watch so be sure to look around. I hope it will hold up over time---I own 5 other Invicta watches and they are all still looking great and keeping perfect time. (Some after 8 years.) This watch definitely has a High Quality feel and look to it. I plan to use it for sports and casual wear, but it would also look pretty sweet with a suit and tie!



I own two Invicta Reserve watches with the black Ion-plated Stainless Steel. It is a pretty durable finish but not as much so as Ceramic. If you bash or gouge this material it will show the bright stainless underneath, so be kinda careful! The 6713 isn't a "Reserve" Invicta model, but with it's generous size and lower price--it is a really nice cost-effective alternative.

My order arrived on the exact date at the exact time it was estimated to. The watch is amazing, such a great price for this beautiful watch. I love everything about the watch and the amazon service. The watch is actually even nicer than it looks in pictures, its pretty heavy. If you like BIG watches this will be a great purchase for you. Amazon made me happy once again!

This is a great watch - really big and bulky if you like that sort of thing. Heavy duty glazing over the face. The black rubberized band holds the color (doesn't eventually wear off like other stainless bands). The watch face is HUGE - easy to read underwater if you're going to do that sort of thing - but also great if you just like making the statement. I've had this over a year - reliable, no problems. I wear it every day in all kinds of conditions and still the face is not scratched, and it looks pretty much the way it did when I took it from the box.

A nice big chunky heavy watch when i received it. I know you dont get a bomb proof watch for 100 usd but its supposed to be like shower or wash your hands resistant but sad to say its not.When im through in the shower with this watch i can almost use it as a shot glass. The watch is even thirstier than my 3yr old son when it comes to water.Well what can you ask for?

This is a very popular watch in my experience however the one I received was not functioning correctly when I received it. Serious disappointment. I think people need to understand that buying online however convienient and despite deep discounts compared to retail stores, is a real hassle when you receive bad goods. A retail store is going to charge you way double for the same product compared to Amazon but what a disappointment to spend up your money and receive a faulty product and have to deal with returns and shipping back and forth and all that. I guess you get what you pay for!

I was really excited to receive the watch which was a bday gift for my husband. At first it was wonderful, just what I expected until we went to put it on. The latch to open it was almost impossible to open. Both my son and husband needed to get a gadget to help them open the watch. So disappointed!

I've been a watch freak since I was 8 years old, and the Seaspider is a nice, black chrono. For the money, you really can't go wrong. The face is very deep and the markers are very easy to see. The crystal has a blue tint to it when it reflects light, and that's neat. For a large watch, it is not too heavy; this is due to the polyurethane band. The band's material is the same thing they make skateboard wheels out of; good stuff. It is very scratch resistant, which is nice on a black watch. The links are easy to remove if you have small screwdrivers. I liked this watch enough that I also purchased a black mother of pearl Invicta Capsule. THAT watch is just amazing in every way!



Things keeping me from giving this 5 stars: The hands on my watch are ever-so-slightly off from the markers. This is an assembly error. Not a lot of QC/QA goes into a watch at this price point, so it is acceptable. The polyurethane band squeaks when it shifts/moves.



When you are talking about $125, that doesn't take you very far in the watch world. A Seiko quartz will cost the same (which is a good utilitarian watch), but this Invicta is a much more bold timepiece that will garner more attention and comments. I don't know if I can ever go back to thin Seikos...'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Invicta Invicta Invicta