Monday 4 May 2009

Accessories - android, skin care


I like everything about the case except for one thing... The rubber on the bottom near all the ports (dock connecdtions, hdmi out, etc..) is very thin, and it doesn't really fully fit around the bottom. It stays on, but it's very easy to take off on the bottom. Also, I dont really like how it adds so much bulkiness. However i really like how it makes a little raised edge on the screen, so you can turn it upside down when you're trying to listen to music because the speakers are on the back. I also like how it is rubbery, and it so it helps with getting a good grip on the Xoom. I haven't tried docking it yet, so I hope that it sill works even though the case is on it.



Pros: Raised edge, protective, rubber feel so good grip



Cons: makes xoom bulky, thin rubber part on the bottom Motorola Protective Gel Case for MOTOROLA XOOM Black (Motorola Retail Packaging)

Pros

I like the skin so far. It grips your hand thus making it hard to drop.



Cons

Collects lots of dust. The edges are all poorly put together. Little pieces of rubber stick out where the front little part and the back come together.



Besides that perfect fit, and should be good enough to protect it from scrstches at least.

I got this for my Xoom after reading all the bad reviews about the portfolio case. I like that it will fit into the standard dock with the case on. I am still hoping for a better portfolio type case that protects the screen as well.

This type of protector is really all you need. The screen on the Xoom is made of Gorilla Glass which is VERY tough...the back is actually more delicate. The protector adds a bit of depth to the device but not enough heft to matter. All the ports are well exposed and the material makes it easier to grip the device without feeling like it might slip out of your hands.

This gel case was just what I was looking for. I tried all the electonic stores that carried the xoom, but none had this case in stock. I even tried a verizon store.



Anyway the case gives added grip to the back of the case which is nice and now I don't have to worry about the back getting scratched when I put it down on the table.



The only part that is loose on my case is right between the dock connector and screen. This is due to it only having a little bit of rubber here.

The case is what you would expect for a slip over gel covering. The biggest downside is that the rubber material is very flexible and can at times pull away from the edge. A harder plastic would make it maintain it's shape better.

I purchased this case with the Xoom, and it has been perfect for me! It keeps the body covered, and when used with a screen protector, it offers almost complete protection. I have yet to find this case too loose- it has fit the case very nicely from day 1. Unlike portfolio cases that you need to open up every time you use the Xoom, this case offers the same protection with easier access.

My gel case came with the xoom and that's what it's worth. I split the corner getting it on. It does not add much grip at all. The volume buttons are covered with raised dots that I cannot feel, I have to look for them. It'll help until I buy a real case.

I've owned this case for as long as I've owned the WiFi XOOM (since release date about a week ago), and I'm very happy with it. The case is a perfect fit with absolutely no wiggle room, and it stays snug on the device without any movement. It also has very accurate cutouts for the ports and speakers; the volume keys are very easy to access and press. Overall, it's a good case to have if you don't want to go with Motorola's Portfolio case (read my review Motorola Protective Portfolio Case for MOTOROLA XOOM (Motorola Retail Packaging).



The only cons I can think of would be that the case is a bit more slippery than you would expect a silicone case to be, but that's a very minor gripe. I fully recommend this case. - Android - Accessories - Android Tablet - Skin Care'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Accessories - android, skin care android tablet Accessories - android, skin care