Friday 17 April 2009

Toy Grocery Store - pretend play, play food


It's not as bad as plastic, but be aware that this toy is made primarily of some variety of MDF with VERY cheap laminates, a few bits of hardwood, and all the curved edges you see are FOAM!!!



The shape of this store is adorable, what a fun idea! If they had only finished it by using materials that wouldn't turn into trash if kids actually played with. Part of sustainability is that a product actually needs to hold up so we don't end up trashing it. Wonderworld Eco-Friendly Wonder Shop

I've had my eye on this store for quite some time now and when it went on sale I jumped at purchasing it. I am 7 months pregnant and was able put this together in under 15 minutes with a 2 1/2 year old crawling all over me. We currently have this in our family room placed next to a compact kitchen we'd previously purchased at Costco (I'm hoping when baby number two arrives finally that this will help entertain my son). My 2 1/2 year old is having a blast with this store and it holds the Melissa & Doug wooden food sets beautifully. The only thing that threw me off was the fact that in the pictures I thought this store was red & blue when in fact it's red and orange. No biggie though. The rounded edges are all foam which I think is actually great. When Charlie (my son) rams his shopping cart into it or bashes food into the edges they don't ding since it's a nice, thick foam that shows no wear and tear as of yet. I was also thrilled that with the incredible price of this store (especially compared to other stores that are available) we were able to purchase a cash register to go along with it.



So in summary: cute, compact, sturdy, easy to put together, affordable and loads of fun. I highly recommend this as an addition to your child's play things!

My 3 year old daughter is having a lot of fun with the shop. We added a cash register and play food to make it even better. I was afraid it would take up a lot of space but the shop is fairly compact. This toy is nice because it encourages the imagination. I am very happy with this product! - Wooden Toys - Melissa Doug - Play Food - Pretend Play'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Toy Grocery Store - pretend play, play food pretend play Toy Grocery Store - pretend play, play food