Friday 3 April 2009

Smells Yummy - natural, face


I've been slowly adding to my Burt's Bees skin care collection since I started using the Radiance Day Lotion & the Citrus Facial Scrub (and loved them both). So recently I added this product, the Facial Cleanser - and I love it just as much. First of all I have to say I have super sensitive skin. With most product lines I cleanse & moisturize and end up with a burning, stinging face. This product is like most Burt's Bees: so gentle. I also have rosacea and extremely fair skin, so I can say for those fair maidens out there - this is good stuff!



I love that it's 100% natural in a time when most beauty products are riddled with chemicals and preservatives. In fact, this cleanser is so natural that when a little bit of it got into my mouth, it tasted sweet like orange juice!



The olive oil in it makes your skin feel delightful after use - typically most cleansers leave my skin dried out and parched, but not with this Burt's Bees cleanser. If you know much about skin care, you also know how wonderful olive oil is (for ALL skin types) and has been used for centuries as a "beauty secret" so I just adore Burt's Bees for including it in this cleanser. Since I began use my skin has seemed so much softer, more fresh, and healthier in general. I rarely get any zits or pimples, except lately I've been pregnant and sometimes get a few breakouts from the hormones. This cleanser does seem to help the mild breakouts as well.



I've found my cleanser, will use the rest of my life, I'm sure. Burt's Bees Facial Cleanser, Orange Essence, 4.34-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 2)

I have very sensitive skin, and I have tried every cleanser on the shelf and all they did was irritate my skin more. Finally I tried going totally organic, no chemicals whatsoever, and tried this cleanser. I was absolutely stunned by the results, my skin loved it! No redness or irritation, didn't leave it too dry, and even reduced my acne outbreaks! I tell everyone to go organic and to try this Burts Bees product and all their products.

I love, love, love Burts Bees, but I find that several of their facial cleansers, including the orange essence don't work for my skin. I have pretty oily skin and, after washing with this cleanser, my skin feels even more oily than it did to begin with. Perhaps this works well for people who have pretty dry skin, but not for skin like mine. Good thing I got the trial size to begin with and will move on to some other Burts Bees items to try for my face.

For someone who has reacted adversely even to Clinique cleansers, this Burts Bees cleanser is a godsend. It doesn't dry out my thin skin, smells fresh after a long day, and lasts forever. I just apply and wipe off with moist cotton pads. Sometimes I even use it in the bath for a pick-me-up.

It is essential for me that my personal and home products are ethically produced and relatively free of potentially harmful chemicals, so this is perfect all-around.

Great smelling gentle, yet effective facial cleanser. Does not leave skin "squeaky clean", instead it preserves moisture. Great on sensitive skin and dry skin, even with breakouts. Not sure how well it would work on normal to oily or oily skin. Works best in combination with a weekly deep pore scrub exfoliation.

This is a non-traditional cleanser. It is an emollient based cleanser and has lots of citrus in it for exfolliation. I use it on my acne prone skin and find that it actually helps prevent breakouts, rather than contributes to them. I love the scent, it is very refreshing and after rubbing it in with my fingertips and then wiping off with a clean, damp face-cloth my skin feels very clean, but not tight. It takes away the dirt and excess oil without stripping the skin of every molecule of oil they way most harsh cleansers do. My skin feels very soft and smooth and hydrated when I use this regularly and I find I don't really need a moisturizer when I use it everyday. I can't say enough good things about this great cleanser. Thanks Burt's Bees!

I love the fact that Burts Bees facial cleanser is a natural product and it doesn't dry out my skin after use. However, it didn't meet all of my expectations. I was looking for a natural product that removes makeup and also improves complexion. The product is natural, but it doesn't do a good job of removing makeup and it doesn't improve complexion. The product doesn't claim to improve complexion or remove makeup, so it's not falsely advertised. But if you are looking for those qualities, then I do not recommend this particular Burts Bees product.

The first thing I noticed about this item was the incredible smell. Yummy! I absolutly adore beauty items that smell as good as they work.



The first time I used this cleanser, though, I noticed that it doesn't rinse clean away like a lot of Burt's Bees products do. Granted, the directions state to rinse with a wash cloth, but I tried without one first thinking that all the hair products rinse so well, why wouldn't this? I rinsed, then I rinsed again, then I grabbed a dry cloth and rubbed off what I could still feel on my face. I then went to my toner and mask like usual.



Today, everything seems fine and dandy. My skin still feels a little oily like it usually does in the summertime. I will continue to use this cleanser and see how it works in the long term. At this point, the only down side is the reside feel. If it clears up my skin and has no SLS, then I may come back and change my 4 star to a 5 star.

Most facial cleansers contain sodium laureth sulfate which is basically a foaming agent found in many personal care products, and if it is accidentally ingested, it can't be metabolized by the liver. Besides the only things in nature that are suppose to foam are dogs with rabies, water falls, and babbling brooks.That is why I purchase Burt's Bees orange facial cleanser because it is SLS free and does a spectacular job of cleaning my skin without causing irritation or dryness. I love the orange scent and the way it washes away easily. My skin is left with a nice healthy glow. - Cleanser - Face - Natural - Cleansers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Smells Yummy - natural, face face Smells Yummy - natural, face