Thursday 2 April 2009

Shoulder Strap Bag - bookbag, shoulder bag


Got this because I have a couple classes where all i need is my Netbook. Good thing that is the intended use, as not much else will fit in there.



I can get my Toshiba NB205 with the 11 inch screen plus a couple of spiral bound notebooks and that's it.



Will say good construction. Though it's small, it doesn't give off the "man-purse" vibe, but only because it has a mil-surp vibe.



The closures are not snap, so I hardly use them. Rothco BATTLEFIELD MESSENGER MEDIC BAG

When I saw the bag on Amazon and read the reviews saying it was too small, I was still expecting a good-sized field bag. When I got it, it was actually a little bigger than I had imagined. It's about half the size of my standard messenger bag, and that was the size I wanted.



People also complained a lot about the straps being a very plastic-y leather, and my hopes weren't high when I got my bag. But even with all the bad reviews on it, the straps on mine were very soft and easy to work with, so I don't see why people were complaining, unless the bag has been updated since the time of their purchase.



All in all, I'm happy with my bag.

The minute the box came i wondered what size the bad will be. From reading the reviews i thought it will be small but no, it normal size and i could fit my MacBook Pro 15" inside. Buy, its really good.

While the bag does look great, its size is extremely underwhelming. I cannot imagine any school books of any use fitting in it, nor a laptop other than 13" Macbooks or netbooks fitting into it, as most 13" PCs have extra case room, it might not fit easily either.



Essentially, I have to gift this to a friend and search for a new bag. Again.

the bag is ok in size. the problem is that shoulder strap is generic. I have seen better strapson 10 dollar back packs at walmart. the closing straps are to flimsi and small, not enough stitching to make them look dorable. it should have snap on connectors or a simple peg and loop. need more padding and stitching at the bottom. eventualy it is going to rip from the bottom unless you just carry bubble wrap or facial tissues. this thing would not last a week in the battle field, you would thin that this was a good army surplus item, but it is not

I read the reviews so I was expecting it to be small and as some people mentioned a bit cheap looking, but I was quite happy with the product I received. It IS smaller than it looks on the picture, though not small enough to look like a purse for any guys that are considering.



The canvas material is nice and it seems sturdy enough; its absolutely perfect for my iPad, Moleskine, and wallet, with plenty of room leftover. However there are no inside pockets. :[



The medical symbol is unique and I really like the vintage look of the bag, the red paint doesnt look cheap or shiny. The straps are a bit plastic-y but I personally ripped mine off and sewed some nice distressed straps on instead.



All in all, I love this bag. Its a conversation piece and its a good size when I just want a few things with me.

Item arrived as advertised, proper color scheme as shown in picture. Only complaint lies in the leather straps, that have a sort of plasticky looking front, which is of an odd light tan color, that distracts from the period look of the bag.

The bag is a lot smaller than it looks in the picture. I was hoping to get my laptop into it, but sadly, I'm unable too.

No inner pockets, and leather straps are hard to buckle/unbuckle (I don't bother with them). Bag is more khaki than green (as it appears in the picture).



Other than that I'm pleased. The canvas is high quality, the bottom of the bag is even re-enforced with an extra layer. Very long, adjustable strap. Shipping was very fast also.



It is a nice bag, but I probably would not buy again, based on the size issue. - Medic - Bookbag - Cool Bag - Shoulder Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Shoulder Strap Bag - bookbag, shoulder bag medic Shoulder Strap Bag - bookbag, shoulder bag