Monday 27 April 2009

Macbook Charger - apple, apple charger macbook


I purchased this because I lost my adapter and it was the cheapest one. Nothing has officially happened to my mac, but 3 or 4 times i've heard snap/crackles/pops coming from where the adapter is plugged into the socket and I've seen small sparks. (this has been on more than one socket, and the socket was grounded) I should say that the charger does work and my computer went from having no charge to being fully charged but I'm writing this review for you to beware. Also, it doesn't have the extension like the normal mac charger does. Also it smelled funny like it was possibly burning. IMHO, if you care about your mac I think I would avoid this one and just spend the money and go with the better one. Also remember that this is not a "REAL" apple charger it is a "replacement" I felt that was a little misleading and wanted to let the amazon community know about it, because I do use your reviews very much. Achi Replacement Power Adapter for Apple for MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro (KC-00000-3828)

About 1 week after receiving this adapter, it overheated so badly that it melted. When I contacted the seller for a safe, functioning product, I was told that they were out of stock. (I wonder... out of this product entirely, or just out of safe, functioning ones?) My money was refunded almost immediately, but I was still left with a dead laptop for another week while I waited for another adapter from another seller. Oh, and then there's the small matter of the FIRE HAZARD created by an electronic product that gets so hot that it melts itself. Sure, I got all of my money back, but it could have cost my family a lot more if a fire had occurred. I do realize that the magsafe adapters, whether 'generic' or made by Apple, have a tendency to overheat, but this was excessive to the point of being dangerous.

The charger works perfectly with my MacBook. I have had absolutely no problems - we've had it for about a month now. And I leave it plugged in nearly all the time. It's a lot shorter than the original cord that came with the computer, but an extra foot or two is not worth the extra $60 that Apple will charge for a name-brand cord, IMHO. Plus, Apple stuff breaks fairly quickly anyway, so if this breaks soon, I can just buy another one and I still haven't spent as much as I would have on a name-brand cord. Very happy we found this.

I felt really regret to buy it since i received the goods, it's NEW, but FAKE, you could feel differences when you have it in your palms, it's much lighter, with poor quality. I wondered how long it will last, the fact tells me: 1 month. 20 some dollars for 1 month. you'd better spend $80 to a real one, which can last much longer. hopefully, it's a lesson not only for me, but for you too.

This product worked great for almost a month. One afternoon after working all morning it just stopped. I bought it because it was the cheapest & looked reliable. Now I'm going to spend $80 at the apple store so this doesn't happen again.

This was a waste of 30 dollars. I ordered a new charger because my previous one had frayed and no longer worked. I got this one in the mail within about 5 days so the shipping was fast. After about a week of using it, it melted on one side then just stopped working completely. Complete waste of money, I ended up having to pay $80 for a real mac charger, which I guess I should have done in the first place.

I've put up with this replacement as long as I could because I didn't have the money to replace it. Now that I do, it's out of here. The first week I had it it was fine. Two weeks later it started getting really hot. A month later it started making a snap, crackly, popping sounds that I only expect to hear from a bowl of cereal. I've had this adapter for almost 4 months now and it is warped, partially melted, split at the seams, smells like burning plastic, and frankly I'm scared to get near it.



Save yourself some time and money, and possibly the risk of a fire,



DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT.



(I would have given this no stars, but Amazon wouldn't let me.)

i purchased this product and it only worked well for about a week. It makes a loud squealing sound while its plugged in and gets super hot to the point where i'm concerned about leaving it charging while i'm not in the same room. i do not have anything good to say about this product and i would not suggest buying it.

Everytime after done charging the charger is so hot that I can't even hold it in my bare hand. Just two weeks ago it got so hot that it melted a hole from the inside out. I was rudely awaken by the sound of my smoke detector, I seriously DO NOT recommend this item!!! - Charger - Apple - Apple Charger Macbook - Apple Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Macbook Charger - apple, apple charger macbook apple charger Macbook Charger - apple, apple charger macbook