Wednesday 29 April 2009

Butane Stove - camp stove, compact  stove


This stove is really cheap, really basic, but works surprisingly well. You can't reduce a two burner stove to anything less than what is provided with this set, it is the absolute minimum -- burner, platform, connection to gas.

No case, no wind screen, little control over the level of flame, but for the low price, it works fine. I used it everyday on a week long camping trip and had no problems at all, heats a pot pretty quickly, didn't notice an leaks, very easy to set up. Once when it was windy i had to use the cardboard box that it came in as a windscreen since it doesn't have a flip up top/ windscreen like the more expensive coleman models. Texsport Two Burner Propane Stove

This little range serves our needs perfectly. We mostly cook over the campfire, but in the morning, we just want to hurry up and get some breakfast in us! It's ridiculously quick and easy to use, the flames adjust well, and because it's no frills, we reclaim a bit more packing space in our little car. (We always amaze people who drive in giant SUVs how we camp much more comfortably with a fraction of their cargo space!)



As far as blocking the wind, I manage okay by the modifications I make on the spot with my camp kitchen and tin foil. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but I actually get more skillet space out of the deal verses what I would get with traditional ranges that come with built-in wind blockers. (There's that, and I use the foil later for wrapping potatoes and such, so there's no waste.)

This stove worked great for me. I made coffee and bacon and eggs every morning and it worked without fail. My only small issue was the propane tank needs to sit on the table as well so it takes up more space than u think. besides that great product for the price.

I bought this to use along with my Coleman stove for cooking at camp. The quality isn't great and it's smaller than I thought it would be, but for the price it's not bad. The burners are hard to adjust and it doesn't work well when it's windy, unless you built a windscreen around it.



If your looking for a stove that's small and light, then you may like this. Otherwise, spend another $30 and get something better. I doubt this will last for many years like a quality stove will.

I was suprised with how well this little stove works considering the price. I have used more expensive stoves, and prefer this one. It is a decent build quality and looks great. The most important thing in my opinion with stoves like this is the flame control; this delivers. The knobs give you a lot of control over the amount of flame (heat) you are cooking with. I use it to perc coffee and it is perfect for that, allowing you to turn the flame way down after the perc begins.

I use this stove on sea kayaking trips because it packs beautifully in a sea kayak. Since it is so basic, just the gas piping held together by the green body, it is a little vulnerable to normal wear and tear. I saw on another site a product review where 5 users liked it, 5 said it broke after a trip or two. I would not take this stove backpacking, and I'd be careful with it on a canoe trip. Boy Scouts would probably be hard on it. But in the rigid confines of a sea kayak bulkhead, it is safe. With normal care, it's unlikely to be damaged during use in a camp kitchen. And I always take two stoves. This same stove is available in a single burner model.



The lack of a wind screen can be corrected by taking 3 ft. or so length of aluminum foil (I used heavy duty aluminum foil#, fold it in half length wise, and then fold it up until it is essentially a square. When in use on a windy day, unfold the foil and position it on the windward side of the pot. (Don't unfold it completely, just until it is opened to the full length but still folded in half length wise. You knew that.) The wind holds it in place nicely. Again, in a sea kayak, the folded foil is easy to pack safely in a hold. A little harder to pack in a canoe dry bag, tricky I suspect in a backpackback. I have two such wind screens, one for each burner as needed, and they have lasted many years.



Good luck, Doug Swope - Camp Stove - Camping Stoves - Compact  stove - Butane Stove'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Butane Stove - camp stove, compact  stove compact  stove Butane Stove - camp stove, compact  stove