Friday 24 April 2009

Battery Organizer - battery holder, eneloop


Reasonably priced (a bit less than $1.50 each in lots of 6) storage cases for AA and AAA batteries. The AA batteries fit side-by-side parallel to the short side of the case. There are 3 zones, one in the center for 2 AA batteries only, and one on each side (two overall) for either 3 AA batteries or 4 AAA batteries. Inside the side zones, the 4 AAA batteries sit perpendicular to the two AA batteries in the center. If any AAA battery is used in a side zone, that zone cannot hold AA batteries at all, and vice-versa. So each case can hold a max total of 5 AA and 4 AAA, or 8 AA, or 8 AAA and 2 AA. Any number of batteries in the allowed combinations will be lodged firmly when the case is closed, and will not rattle around. The lid closes with two small clasps that have a positive snap. The hinges of the clasps, and the hinge of the lid may not be very durable, I have no means to tell yet. Worth the price for me. I use a lot of small batteries. This case is a convenient means to carry around just what you may need. AA / AAA 8 Cell Battery Storage Case Bundle of Six Cases

I mainly use AA batteries, and carry a LOT of them for my photography equipment, especially the flashes. I already have a bunch of holders that holds 4 batteries each, but wanted to try something different.



The Good

-- Can hold up to 8 AA batteries



The Bad

-- I accidentally dropped one case that was full of AA batteries, on carpet, JUST ONCE, and it cracked like an egg.

-- After less than a month, the locking flaps on two cases, one flap each, already cracked at the hinge from normal use.

-- Most electronics, especially when it comes to photography equipment, like a flash, typically use no more than 4 AA batteries. I prefer to keep my charged and discharged batteries separate, and with this 8 battery holder, which sounded good at first, but after using it for sometime, I realized that I easily get them mixed up. So, I found myself going back to using the typical battery cases that only holds 4 instead, with each case labeled, that way, there is no way that they will get mixed up. Also, for my needs, this case is twice as wide, compared to a case that holds 4, I prefer to use a case that holds 4, because they go in and out of my camera bag easier, that is just my own preference.

-- As another reviewer has stated, he/she is concerned about the longevity of the two locking flaps and the closing hinge. I have the same concern, and already experienced the locking flaps failing with two cases.

-- The batteries goes into the case a bit tight, in a way, it is good. But, after a bit of use, I feel that it makes it a little more difficult to put the batteries in to it.



Final Thoughts

-- When it comes to the case completely cracking like an egg, even though dropping it was my own fault, which is inevitable, that everyone will sooner or later drop it here and there, I expected it to be a little bit more durable, especially when it was only on the carpet. However, the cracking of the locking flaps was totally unexpected, especially so soon. Now, I am wondering when the hinge may fail, which I may not know, since I decided to go back to my holders that holds 4 batteries instead.

I was surprised when I received these cases. The picture on the page shows a plain case, but the items I received have the seller's website address stamped on to the case (I've uploaded a picture). The printing is not a label, and it can't be scraped off without scratching into the plastic. I ordered plain cases, had expected plain cases, but I got an item with printing on it. The cases do work as expected, so it's not a question of function. I would probably have ordered these anyway (if I'd known about the printing), because the pricing is pretty good, but I felt deceived. I contacted the seller (through Amazon), and after a bit of back & forth got a satisfactory explanation. Apparently Amazon wouldn't let them post a picture showing the printing, because it would amount to advertising...yet that's how the items actually look. Hopefully, Amazon let's my picture stand so people can make an informed decision. I had also received - on the same order - the 4pk case from the same supplier. AA / AAA 4 Cell Battery Storage Case Bundle of Six Cases That item has the printing on it too.

I bought these to store my rechargeable batteries. The quality is decent. The locking tabs could be a little sturdier. I used my labeler to print out stickers indicating which case has charged batteries. I like that I can use these to keep track of which batteries I have charged and which need to be charged.

A few of the reviews I read said negative things about these storage cases so I was hesitant, but took a chance. I'm very glad I did. It's nice to be able to organize your batteries into these little cases and not have to dig around in drawers.



Some reviewers were concerned that the the little closing tabs were weak and would break off. The cases snap shut and are secure without even closing the tabs if you snap it shut properly. But I don't feel the tabs will break off if you treat the cases with respect. I'm very happy with these cases and I think anyone who owns them will be too.

These are handy cases for keeping batteries together and organized. I purchased extra cases so that I could mark "Charged" and "Discharged" on them. When I'm switching batteries out during a shoot, I can keep track of which ones I've used and don't waste time looking for the fresh ones. The boxes do have "www.thomas-distributing.com" on them, but this doesn't bother me as I just covered it up with my own labels. The only downside is the little clips that secure them feel like they could easily break off, but it's nothing a rubber band won't take care of if they do. For just over a dollar a case, I think they are a good value.

These seem a little bit cheaper than other cases I have tried, Tenergy and BATTERY CASE FOR AA BATTERIES. I do like how I can fit in 8 AA in one case, but wish instead of one case that fits both, two separate size cases. The latches are a bit tricky to get closed, but seem pretty sturdy once latched. I'm a little concerned how the hinges will hold up. Pretty good bang for the buck if keeping them at home in a drawer. - Battery Organizer - Battery Holder - Eneloop'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Battery Organizer - battery holder, eneloop battery holder Battery Organizer - battery holder, eneloop