Friday 24 April 2009

Accurate Scale - taylor, glass scale


First, I love this scale. Easy to read, day or night. Very stable. Rounded corners rather than sharp. Sleek design - I love that I can see the pattern of the tile through it.



Several people have commented that about the consistent, repeatable weights that it shows. Well folks, there's a price for that! The way the scale seems to operate is that unless you weigh at least half a pound or so (maybe a tad more) different than the last time you weighed yourself, the scale automatically shows the last weight. This apparently is how the manufacturer makes it repeatable and consistent. (I determined this with a lot of testing, weighing myself, then weighing myself plus a few ounce of nails, a few ounces more, etc. etc., and then working backwards.



If you care about the ounces and want to see every little .1 lb change*, don't get this scale. Otherwise, it is a great scale for a very very good price.



*PS - like my last digital scale, this scale gives readings for every .2 pounds (i.e. you never see xxx.1, xxx.3, .5, .7 or .9). An odd thing! Taylor # 7519 Ultra Thick Glass Scale with LCD Blue Backlit Readout

We redesigned our bathroom in January with glass accents so we bought this scale to replace our Taylor Body Fat Scale Model 5596 (Which has been an excellent product - and we gave it to our neighbor and he now LOVES that scale)



This scale has proven to be just as excellent ! It has a very large surface area (for my husbands size 14's) and honestly has been both consistent and accurate in its weight measurements. The Back Light really makes the Display crisp & clear, very easy to read.



Taylor has proven to me over the past few years that the scale products we have purchased have been both style appropriate while performing to our expectations.



Highly Recommended !

I love this scale! Easy to read ,lighted LCD readout. Nicely designed scale that looks great in any bathroom. Love the look of that thick glass as well. Oh,and it is accurate to within a pound of my weight at the doctor's office. Buy this!

This truly is a VERY NICE, and well built (this thing is HEAVY - not cheap, light, or flimsy like some of the cheap thin glass scales you see at Wal Mart !) and appears to be accurate based on my recent weigh in at the Dr office. I weigh my self twice a week - and the scale has proven to be "consistent" within a lb or two (you know....water weight !) The display is easy to see - I see how some would think the Blue Glow is "cool" but it is not necessary. Did I mention the Glass is THICK - it has a large standing area and is easy to clean with a bit of Windex.



I really like this scale a lot - it was not as cheap....or "low cost" as some of the other glass scales available - but it is worth the extra money and like the other favorable reviews I would recommend this scale as an excellent product.

I was looking for a basic, easy to read scale without any bells and whistles. This is exactly what I wanted.



I've had the scale for about two weeks now with no problems to report. I weigh myself every morning, and each time I weigh myself, I step off and reweigh. It has always been consistent. That is the most important quality.



The display is very easily read with the backlight.



Aesthetically, it is a very nice looking scale. Much better looking when you take it out of the box than what you see in the pictures. Built more solidly than I expected.

In order:



(1) the scale is really sleek and beautifully designed, and well-made: very thick, limpid glass; steel accents; and a clear blue readout. In products such as these, looks matter as much as performance. You're climbing on every morning. You want to look at something pretty. This scale is gorgeous.



(2) The scale is accurate (I compared it with a manual scale, with added weight on me).



(3) The scale is a fantastic bargain for $23 -- you won't find anything like this in a brick/mortar store at anywhere near the price (cheapest comparable scales at BB&B were at least $50), and nothing on Amazon can compare either. I couldn't be happier with this purchase (and have thrown away my ugly, cheap-looking, plastic Conair/Weight Watchers). A definite keeper.

From what I can tell it seems accurate. I weigh about what I expected to, I also threw a new 25lb bag of rice on it just for fun and it read in at exactly 25.0lbs so I guess you couldn't really ask for much more.



It does need to be on a hard surface otherwise its readings will be off by as much as 50% or more.



It also only takes 2 AAA batteries, not the 4 AAA batteries that the description says.

As others have stated, this scale tends to give variable readings. Quite a shame, for the balance of the scale is what I am looking for. The instant on feature is nice, the numbers easy to read, and quite attractive. - Taylor - Digital - Glass Scale - Weighing Scale'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Accurate Scale - taylor, glass scale glass scale Accurate Scale - taylor, glass scale