Friday 10 April 2009

Aquarium Pump - air pump, cheap


This pump works quite well! I have a beta fish and my previous pump wasn't working so my "Shark" :) wasn't as playful as he usually was in my 5 gallon tank. As soon as I hooked this pump up though, he became himself again. My old pump was no where nearly as powerful and there are dozens more bubbles than that old heap could have ever produced. It DOESN'T come with the tubbing, however. So you have to purchase that seperately. It is a very quiet pump and I'm glad I purchased it!



PS. no one ever comments on Amazon Prime, but this is my favorite online purchasing site because whenever I order something I get it at the latest two days later. GREAT work Amazon!!! You have a customer for life - as my thousands of dollars already spent with you show :)!!! Tetra 77851 Whisper Air Pump, 10-Gallon

Hi. I just received my Whisper 10 Air Pump yesterday, with my Tetra 10 Deluxe kit. They work just fine. I use the air pump to connect it with my wall bubble wand (or airstone) that I bought at pet store. The pump is powerful and silent, and doesnt get any hot even though been used for days. Really useful in creating small bubbles in your aquarium.

Had a unit that was extremely loud and shook whatever surface you put it on. Husband looked up this model online and saw the great reviews so we went and picked one up as soon as we could. Since then, all we've heard is the bubbles breaking the surface. The pump has sound dampeners inside of it and is securely sitting in a rubber dome with feet. This design truly works! Can't hear a thing (and hasn't even vibrated itself off the self either). It also came with an air regulator since this pump can be used for any size up to 10 gallons, you can adjust for the smaller tanks. Highly recommend it!

I don't know if I got a bad pump or not, but it is definitely NOT silent. There is a low frequency vibration that is quite loud, and worse yet it cycles (changes frequency). I agree with the other 3 star reviewer. Perhaps the folks that said it was "silent" got exceptional units, but I doubt it given the pump's mechanism. I suspect their definition of "silent" needs a bit of adjustment...



I'm sending it back and continuing my search for a truly quiet air pump. That or put the old Top Fin pump in some sort of box...

I was really surpised at how quiet this pump actually is. You can hear the bubbles, but you can't hear the pump. The pump is only hooked up to a single sandstone bubbler, but it gives plenty of power for plenty of bubbles. I also have a cat that likes to knock the air pump off the table as she is watching the fish, and so far, the pump has held up and seems to be quite durable.

Sorry this pump is Not silent, quiet or a whisper!! I have had aquariums for over 20 years and have had many air pump usually to get a Silent air pump you need to spend about $30-$40. I was in need of a new one & after reading on Amazon so many post about the Tetra whisper being so quiet & silent, I thought I'd give it a try. I should have know better you can't get silence for $10.



I think the other post who said it is silent never had a high quality air pump before, that sounded like trucks running so yes this Tetra will seem a little quieter. Or they have so many other noise in the room that are louder then the air pump so it seems quiet. Take it from someone who has a very quiet house & who has had expensive air pump and many air pumps this Tetra whisper is NOT SILENT!! Yes it is a little quieter then the cheap free ones you get with tank kits but not that quiet or silent.

I've been running this pump for 2 months now in a 15 gallon tank pushing a 12 inch air stone and a 3 inch air disc and it's always worked adequately. It pushes more bubbles than I really need so I actually use in-line air valves to slow the bubbles down. I actually bought a second one for my two small tanks.

Got the Whisper 10 for my 12g aquarium. It's been working for about 2 years now. So the durability is great. I wish I can say the same about the sound it makes. It falls short from living to its name as being a "whisper." Albeit, it's not necessary loud either. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have known any better because I haven't gotten any other air pumps rated at this size for any other tanks. So I thought that the sound this makes is expected for an air pump of this size. This is, until now. I just picked up the Hagen Marina 75 pump for my other tank and by comparison, the Hagen is virtual silent. That was my main thing for choosing another air pump, I needed absolute silence. I just don't know how a product like this Tetra can call themselves a "whisper" when it's contradictory. Anyway, still not a bad buy... I DO LIKE how this Tetra Whisper comes with an air control valve to fine tune the amount of air pumping in to your airstone (or whatever you have it hooked up to). Not a lot of air pumps come with one... so if you bought another brand, you might have to get that separately if you want less bubbles. - Whisper - Aquarium Pump - Cheap - Air Pump'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Aquarium Pump - air pump, cheap cheap Aquarium Pump - air pump, cheap