Saturday 18 April 2009

2-line Corded-cordless Phone - corded-cordless combos, 2-line corded-cordless phone


I had tried different phones. What I liked about this phone is the wired base unit so that I never have to worry about battery . The unit has red light showing Answering Machine is on as well as blinking red light showing new messages . The keys are large. The display screen is very conveniently located, size and clarity are very good. I ordred two hand sets and going to order more. The hand-set intercome feature is very useful. I have two story yhouse and I am moving a lot. This feature makes it easier to communicate with other members of the house.



The Amazon service has remained consistently good. I am glad to have this unit. AT&T DECT 6.0 Digital Corded/Cordless Answering System (84100)

I'm a long time AT&T customer, and I'm going waaaaaay back when the only phone company in America was AT&T.



My first phone was from Illinois Bell and it was a solid piece of construction, weighed a ton too, however, it lasted for over 30 years before it finally died out. What a phone! It had just TWO functions, receive and make calls...that's it.



Now this new DECT 6.0 phone is light years ahead of the old and now defunct Illinois Bell phone. The weight of the HANDSET & BASE are light but solid construction. The sound clarity is absolutely outstanding. The BASE is laid out just right with a nice LARGE and brightly lit screen. The large buttons are very easy to see because of the silver background. The HANDSET is laid out just right with a nice SMALL and brightly lit screen. The HANDSET was ready to use in under 30 minutes and fully charged in less than 60 minutes. The buttons on the HANDSET have a nice orange glow for easy viewing. However, I think the orange glow could be a little more ORANGE but no big deal...I'm not complaining.



The answer machine is ready to go with an outgoing announcement already recorded, which you can change with your own announcement. No more tape machines, everything is recorded on a micro-chip...talk about futuristic. Setting the time and date was a snap. In fact, all of the settings are a snap to configure. This is a very "user friendly" phone.



You can have different ring tones for both the BASE & HANDSET. There's an equalizer for two types of Treble, one Bass, and one Natural, and a six level volume control.



Using Your Phone During a Power Failure:

In a power failure the HANDSET will not work but that's OK since the BASE is functional. Some features in the BASE will not function in a black-out but you can still send and receive phone calls. During a black-out, the phone is capable of getting its power/electricity directly through the telephone cord.



SUGGESTIONS TO AT&T:

With the advent of LED lighting, why not "backlit" ALL the keys/buttons on the system, (i.e., MENU/SELECT, the UP & DOWN buttons, the FLASH & CLEAR buttons, and the 7 non-illuminated buttons on the BASE)??



Dump the "orange" backlight on the HANDSET and replace it with white LED lights!



Also, add a function that allows the user to control how long the BASE/HANDSET light(s) stay on before going into power-saving mode.

We like the phone and the speaker feature is awesome. The combination of having a cordless phone and a handset phone package purchase was a good deal. The handset is very light and we have found that it is very touchy to place correctly on the phone. It doesn't set in deep so it can easily be bumped of the holder. All in all we are happy with our purchase.

I chose the AT&T DECT 6.0 AT&T DECT 6.0 Digital Corded/Cordless Answering System (84100) phone because it was designed to operate on a designated frequency to prevent interference from other electronic devices to address the poor sound quality issues I was experiencing with my VoIP provider. I soon realized the issue was really the fault of the provider and not the phone. My previous phone was also a corded base/cordless phone set but operates on the 2.5 Ghz frequency. I have since switched providers and have noticed a great improvement in sound quality which may be attributed to both provider and phone.



The feature I especially like is the large well-lit Caller ID display that makes it possible to see who is calling from across the room. I also have the call waiting ID feature (from my provider)that gives me the option to interrupt the current call to answer the incoming one if I so choose. In addition, I feel more secure having a corded base phone in addition to a cordless handset, and it is expandable up to 12 handsets. Another neat feature is that all call information is available on the cordless handset display.



I was pleasantly surprised to discover a feature I didn't know I had: it even lets me know when I have voice mail.



In a perfect world this phone would accommodate a noise cancelling headset, a much needed feature for making business calls free from background noise -- unfortunately it does not, unless there is a way to connect the headset that I have not yet discovered. However, all things considered, the AT&T DECT 6.0 phone AT&T DECT 6.0 Digital Corded/Cordless Answering System (84100) is feature-rich and a great value for the price. - Att Phone - Cordless Phone - Corded-cordless Combos - 2-line Corded-cordless Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


2-line Corded-cordless Phone - corded-cordless combos, 2-line corded-cordless phone att phone 2-line Corded-cordless Phone - corded-cordless combos, 2-line corded-cordless phone