Monday 30 March 2009

Sansa Accessories - sansa charger, fuze


This contains everything you will need to connect it to you car, laptop, or stereo. My only complaint would be that I had to shave the case next to the usb connection to allow it to connect properly and that the retractable stereo cable that they sent was white, not black like the picture.



I was able to successfully remove the cover by using a knife and sliding it along the side to release the latches. You have to be careful not to push the knife in to far and scratch the players case. SanDisk Sansa Fuze Charging Combo and (Clear) Protective Crystal Cover Case, USB 2in1 Sync Data Cable,Car & Wall / Travel Charger, Crystal Clear Covering Case, 3.5mm MP3 Jack, and Screen Guard

In hopes that just one person won't make the same mistake I did, unscrew the little round piece that slided into the belt clip and insert that into the back of the clear plastic case FIRST. Then snap the clear plastic case onto the player. I didn't put the round piece in first, and now I am afraid to try and get the clear plastic case off because it may break. Other than this one issue, the package works great and will probably extend the life of my player!

I bought this along with my Sansa Fuze player. Have used the auto charger and the wall charger several times. I would say these are necessities for travelling--even prefer using the wall charger when I'm at home. The only other thing needed is a skin for the player. I chose not to use the clear plastic cover since I read a few other reviews where people had trouble getting that cover off without having to break it.

I am a Baby Boomer and thought I totally missed the entire MP3 Ipod You pod thing. The SanDisk was recommended by my IT Whiz Kid Son-in-Law. I did it, I understand it, I use it and still I slip and call it a scandisk. Go figure. I got the 8G model and have loaded it with audio books and music. So easy, just click and drag from my laptop once I purchase them on line. I ride the train to work everyday and have listened to 5 novels. I love it because it is small enough to be very light, fits in my pocket or in my old lady bra, and is so very easy to use.

I was impressed with how many actual things you got in the package for a measly 10 dollars. You get the case, a belt clip (that screws into the back of the case - remember to do this BEFORE assembling it!), wall charger, car charger, universal charging cord and a nifty little cord/real that you use with the plug in your car stereo. I like the last one because of the auto-real feature (guess I am a kid at heart and like toys!). Plus you get a screen cleaner and a screen cover (keep it from being scratched).



Anyway you slice it that is a lot of stuff for 10 bucks plus shipping...



OK I will admit everything is not top shelf, but the case is hard and solid and I can reach all the controls after I installed it, and I think the belt clip will lat a wile if I am careful with it. I would not turn this stuff over to a kid because they would break it in a week, but a careful adult should make it last quite a wile...



Well worth the price to me, and then some...

Love all the stuff that comes with it. Everything works well however; I do not like the difficulty the hard case poses to the on/off and lock key.

The hard case makes it difficult to reach the on/off button with out long finger nails and a second hand.

This is a great kit for the Sansa Fuze at a great price. The chargers, sync cable, and audio cable all work. The plastic case fits very snug and offers great protection for your Fuze.



A warning to potential buyer!



You will need to modify the plastic case if you want to use your original sync cable and easily use the on/off/hold button. I used a Dremel tool to widen the bottom opening. I also thinned the side opening for the on/off slider button. You will probably want to do this before you attach the case, because it can be a pain to pop apart.

This was inexpensive, compared to buying all this stuff as OEM products. I think the quality is good enough to do the job. If you want better quality, shell out a lot more money for the OEM stuff! As for me, I'll stick with this. Everything fit well, and seems to work just fine.



Some Notes:



Clip

I wish the clip weren't white. Black would match everything much better.



The clip comes in two white pieces: the round part and the clip part. Because the clear case is hard to get off, don't snap it on the player before you install the round part on the back portion of the case. That round part is a post that will snap into the clip part. This is nice, because it means you can unfasten the player from the white clip part if you don't need the clip.



Case

Case fit perfectly. I expected it to look a bit cheaper than it did. Cool.



It's a hard plastic case that will protect from scratches, but not as well from drops as a silicone case might. But perhaps if the drop were short enough, the case would take the damage and the player would be fine.



I could see how others were having problems getting it off without breaking it. That's just because it has a tight fit, and they kept the plastic thin so that it wouldn't thicken up the player too much. I looked at the way the tabs fit the two pieces together so that I would know which half to pry up if I needed to take them apart. Use a very thin, but rigid tool (not a normal screwdriver, it's too thick) and some care & patience, and I'll bet you could pry them apart without breaking them.



USB cable

...also looked better than I thought. Seems to work just fine. It fit well with the case installed, as well.



Audio cord

The ratcheting audio cable is the kind like window blinds - you pull it out to the length you want, and it locks itself. Then, to retract, you pull it just a bit. - Sansa Charger - Fuze - Sansa Case - Sandisk'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sansa Accessories - sansa charger, fuze sansa case Sansa Accessories - sansa charger, fuze