Tuesday 3 March 2009

Motorola Xoom Screen Protector - xoom, motorola


These are so much better than the Invisible Shield it isn't funny. Fit is absolutally perfect and installation literally took seconds. Shield is kind of a hard plastic making it much easier to apply and it was very easy to get air bubbles out as I was installing. Each shield in the package was individually wrapped and came with its own installation card which is made of thin cardboard as well as its own cleaning cloth which means three of everything. Matte finish though not fingerprint proof wipes clean with the swipe of a shirt sleeve and does a good job of reducing glare without reducing screen clarity to a great degree. Finger glides easily over the screen protector without the jumping and binding of the helicopter blade protection stuff other people use. If you need to protect a helicopter buy them, if not buy these shields. You will be much happier. As the reviewer before me said, the stylus listed was not in the package. I'm assuming there was a typo and they have not corrected but I wasn't expecting it at this price anyways. Only complaint I have was the shipping packaging. They came in a plastic postage envelope without any protection, not even a cardboard slip. There was no damage to mine but knowing the postal system, there could have been. HandHelditems(TM) Motorola Xoom Anti-Fingerprint, Anti-Glare, Matte Finishing Screen Protector (3 Pack) (Free HandHelditems Sketch Universal Stylus Pen)

Wow! I feel like I can finally fully enjoy my Xoom for the first time since I bought it!



These Luxmo screen protectors for the Moto Xoom are almost perfect! They completely wash out all the awful glare and mirror-like shine produced both the Xoom's screen (AND the Verizon screen protector for the Xoom).



They are identical to the "feel" of the anti-glare screen protectors that are sold by B&N for the Nook Color (if you happen to own one of those too).



Absolutely no fingerprints are left behind...Now I can ditch the little cloth I constantly keep at hand to wipe my screen!



As for the size, they're literally cut to fit edge to edge of the screen of the Xoom, with just a small opening at the top for the camera. So when you're applying it, you don't have much room for error. Although, surprisingly, this screen protector was pretty painless to apply. I was able to get mine on in the first try, without going through the entire pack of three...(which is something I was fully prepared to do, being I am not very good at applying screen protectors).



My only complaint is that this item was described to come with a free 'Sketch Universal Stylus Pen' and I did not get one. To be honest, I was so excited over these screen protectors I didn't really mind too much.

I am completely satisfied with this screen protector. Application was simple and it looks great. I chose to use the "wet" installation method as opposed to slapping it down and hoping for the best. If you've ever installed window tint or large stickers you know that it takes patience and extreme care to get it done right the first time. I expect this screen protector to get a lot of scratches in a very short period of time because it's just not a very high quality material. Scratch prevention was not as much of a concern as limiting the glare, which this does very well. I can now use my Xoom outside, in sunlight, with minimal reflection.



Order did not contain: HandHelditems Sketch Universal Stylus Pen. As other reviewers have mentioned, if you are purchasing this item then don't expect to receive one either. The seller really should update their listing if they don't intend to full-fill the entire order.

Without a doubt this is the best I have found: Amazon.com: HandHelditems(TM) Motorola Xoom Anti-Fingerprint, Anti-Glare, Matte Finishing Screen Protector (3 Pack) (Free HandHelditems Sketch Universal Stylus Pen): Cell Phones & Accessories .. Minimal fingerprints, SUPER EASY application, no loss in sensitivity nor resolution. Some of these applications from other vendors tend to make the screen fuzzy or "soft". While there is no way to actually remove glare without losing some definition - this is most definitely the best. They send you THREE (3) applicants for $13.99 + SHP.



Would recommend to anyone looking to stop looking at themselves in the reflection!

All i can say is wow! What a difference this protector makes. Super easy to put on, i had no trouble at. Downside is it didnt come with directions. However they sent me a free little touchscreen "pen" that plugs into the earphone jack when not using. Recommend this product for a cost effecient way to protect you screen.

No matter what you do, you get bubbles or specs of dust. Of course, they didn't send me a reasonable set of instructions till I complained the first time around. Then the sent me another set and emailed instructions. I was OK with that but then I still couldn't get em to apply right. The second time around I nearly got one to work for me. Bottom line: These things are just to hard to apply. Get something else. Spending more might even be worth your time. Especially if you can get someone else to apply them for you.



I'm off to Best Buy right now to see if they will do that for me.



Jim C.



P.S. Oh, and don't expect a refund. They won't give you one.

The protector cuts out the glare and reduces finger prints for sure. I don't think the install was too bad for a screen this size, but I felt it made the screen look fuzzy or like it had one giant consistent smudge over the whole thing. I will try a different on to see if it is better.

This screen protector did everything it described, anti-glare, reduces fingerprints (still can see some when xoom is off). One thing that wasn't described was this screen protector attracts so much dust and lint that afterwards my screen looked dirty. I, of course, have to give credit to the makers that they didn't try to toot it as anti-static.



I'm not the greatest when it comes to things like this and I went through all three protectors in less than an hour trying to put them on in an acceptable way. I even went to the bathroom and turned the hot water on, as was suggested on a xoom board. It still didn't work. At the end I just got frustrated and left the last one on.



I did like how it had the little cardboard to squeeze out the bubbles, took like another 20 mins to do, and I still have some little bubbles. This was an o.k. screen protector but I'll be looking for a better one, hopefully one that is anti-static. - Xoom - Xoom Case - Motorola - Motorola Xoom Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Motorola Xoom Screen Protector - xoom, motorola xoom case Motorola Xoom Screen Protector - xoom, motorola