Tuesday 10 March 2009

Motorola Xoom Accessories - xoom accessories, android


Case is as described in the description. Appears an smells like actual leather. Very high quality. My kid has a Vaja for his Ipad 2 and the build quality is every bit as good as far as I'm concerned and it didn't cost $150 bucks. Stitching is tight and even and there are no uneven seams or marrs in the leather. When the lid is folded back it lays completely flat making it very easy to hold unlike the Motorola case which seems to puff out at the bottom when folded back. All flaps and closures are either wrapped in leather or the soft material on the inside of the case which means that also unlike the Motorola portfolio it should not scratch the Xoom. I could have lived without the stamped Acase logo on the front but having said that it doesn't look bad. All openings are precisely cut and in the right position. Appearance of case is if anything, thinner than the original folio case and looks much more professional. Would be happy to recommend to anyone who asked. Acase MOTOROLA XOOM High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for MOTOROLA XOOM 32GB, WiFi and WiFi +3G & 4G (Black)

I am very pleased with the leather ACase Folio. This is the case that I've been looking for since purchasing my XOOM back in February. It's the perfect slim, minimalistic fit...but with coverage in all the right places. I love the high quality leather with the nice precision stitching. This case looks very professional. The leather has a pleasant "new leather" scent that I would compare to that of leather in a brand new car...not that musty leather smell that attracts attention.



I initially purchased the original Moto XOOM case for $39.99...and promptly took it back for a refund. The hard plastic brackets that held the XOOM in place would leave heavy scuff marks on each side whenever I tried to remove it. With the ACase folio, this is not a concern because of the leather...and the soft interior material that covers the underside of the leather brackets. I'm actually able to pop the XOOM out of the bottom tabs and then give it firm push from the top and slide the XOOM downward...and completely out of the case. Easy removal...no scuff marks. Of course, the case provides a snug fit so no issue with it slipping out on it's own.



I've also purchased one of the $50.00 leather XOOM cases with the fully-enclosed perimeter that you slide the XOOM down into...and I would certainly recommend the ACase folio as my No.1 pick. I really like the fact that with the ACase having a completely open faced front,there's no issue with sloppy fit...such as the leather puckering out around the camera area. In the Xoom accessory market, the ACase folio is a real bargain. I've wasted enough money on a variety of cases to know. As a female, I find the slim fit of the folio perfect for fitting it into most of my handbags...which is a definite plus for me.



As the previous reviewer mentioned, there's no open space for charging while the XOOM is in the upright position...but this is a small issue for me...considering all of the folio's other great features. You can also keep the ACase folio on when using the XOOM's standard docking station, but you'll have to pop it out of the bottom brackets and let the leather cover drape over the rear. I use 2 basic PC speakers for extra sound, so no issue here for me.



I hope that the makers of the XOOM ACase Folio decide to offer some additional colors like "Red" and "Brown" to add a little color variety to such an great product :-)

I ordered this case from CTCStore on Thursday and it arrived on Monday. Props for quick shipping. I debated on getting the original Motorola Leather Folio case but couldn't justify paying over 2x for what seemed to be the exact same product (with the exception of the "Acase" logo on the front). Besides, the original Motorola Folio was not officially out at Verizon retail stores. From what I could tell, it actually is the same product most likely built by the same company.



The reason I went for this case was because the original Folio case scratched up my Xoom around the edges and was a bit bulky to carry around. This is slimmer and seems to be a better fit overall. Anyways, I opened this up and was immediately impressed with the quality/durability. The outside is black leather (excellent quality) with soft felt-like material in the inside. The Xoom is very well-protected from scratches, dents, etc. It seems like it would withstand drops as well, but of course, I did not try that. It has 3 viewing angles and you could also lay it flat. This is great for typing, viewing media, or whatever else you do on a tablet.



The only thing I'm worried about is the leather on the bottom brackets wearing off over time from unlocking and locking between using it as a stand and a case. Overall this is a great investment for all Xoom owners. Don't pay $50+ on the original one. You won't be disappointed.



Update: One little annoyance I have is with the charger port being covered when the case is closed. Also you cannot charge while it being used as a stand since the Xoom's proprietary charger port is on the bottom.

I have spent countless hours and dollars buying cases for my xoom....zoogue, kevikev, motorola official portfolio case and I can honestly say that this one is the sleekest most useful case that still maintains the xooms slim profile...I have purchased this type of case for my galaxy tab also and have loved it.....most people charge 50 dollars for these cases, at the price this seller is offering..this is a steal...the quality is good and the craftsmanship is top notch....don't do like I did and spend 150 dollars just to find out this is the best portfolio case for the xoom.

After looking at several other brands of protective cases for my Xoom, I decided to purchase this one from CTCStore because of its features and good price. The shipping speed is good (3 business days). The case was received in good packing and perfect condition. The following are plus of this case:

1. Material: genuine and high quality leather, the micro fiber layer is soft and protective

2. Fit: perfect fitting for Xoom both front and rear sides (the curvature of the rear flap is matched perfectly with the one on the back of the zoom). The hooks hold firmly and not intrusive like some other designs.

3. Build quality: excellent.

4. Design: I can put the Xoom standing on the groove and read it hand free or hold it like a book. When the front lid is close, I feel safe when I toss my Xoom in my backpack with other books.



The con:

1. There is no cutout at the position of the charging socket. I have to open the front flap to charge the Xoom which is not too inconvenient. I wonder if the designer forgot that detail, or it is possible that a hole at that location may weaken the leather and the designer decided not to cut the hole there.

Overall, the case is an excellent product for the price. - Android - Xoom Accessories - Xoom - Motorola Xoom Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Motorola Xoom Accessories - xoom accessories, android motorola xoom accessories Motorola Xoom Accessories - xoom accessories, android