Tuesday 10 March 2009

Lap Counter - training aids, lap counter


I was looking for a simple lap counter and what I got was a cheap chinese watch wrapped in a plastic bubble. the directions are hard to read and very small. It reminds me of the dollar digital watches when they first came out. Even after getting it set up, it leaked once in the water and only worked for 30 seconds. don't waste your money FINIS Lap Track

The lap counter is very good and we love it.



The attachment concept doesn't work well. Suction cups fall off tiled surface and the alternate attachment through connectors and using the bag as ballast is poor. We figured out something for the attachment.

I'm always forgetting how many laps I've swum and thought that this would be a good device to count laps. Despite the controls not making sense - hitting stop and then reset does not necessarily do either - I suffered through the winter months last year with it. I found that not only did the controls or the instructions make sense - and you can locate them on line - the push mechanism for the counter was hit or miss.



I broke it this device again this year for my winter swims. First step was to put in fresh batteries but the battery "plug" can be a real pain to get out. My main issue now is that I have largely lost all contrast on the LCD display so even if I fool with it enough to get it to count laps I can't see the display when I'm swimming so I can't tell whether it counted a lap or not. And by the way I kept it out of the water but still rinsed it everytime.



Surely someone can make a simplier and better lap counter.

I have used the Finis Lap Track for about 3 years now. I swim 1.1 miles or more twice per week. This works well to count your laps and record lap time. I find the counter is easy to read from 10 feet or closer, unless my goggles fog up. If you are coordinated, you can tap the counter while doing a flip turn. The instructions are not real clear, but to use this as a simple lap counter is pretty intuitive. I figured it out in about 5 minutes after abandoning the instructions. The batteries last an incredibly long time.

The suction attachment doesn't work in the pools I swim in, but using the bracket with the bag full of water for ballast works very well for me. Another drawback is that the screw-type connectors to attach to bracket to the counter rust, causing cosmetic damage, but they remain fully functional. - Finis - Lap Counter - Training Aids'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lap Counter - training aids, lap counter lap counter Lap Counter - training aids, lap counter