Thursday 12 March 2009

Egg Cooker - poacher, egg poachers


If you don't want to spend $30+ to on a specialized pan to poach eggs once in awhile, get this egg poacher insert. For less than $10 you get a versatile pan insert that fits in any 10" skillet, saving you time and money. Be sure you spray the surface with a non-stick spray before dropping in your eggs or the whites will stick. Once the whites stick too often, the pan becomes unusable. But who cares? At these prices, I bought 2! Nordic Ware Non-stick Egg Poacher Insert for 10 Inch to 12 Inch Skillets

I was searching for an egg poacher and was glad to find that I could get one without having to purchase another skillet. This works great and all the eggs cook evenly without any feathering, waste or mess. I add a little butter or cooking spray to the egg chambers and they come out without any sticking. Butter works best. I use a silicon spatula to remove my eggs. They don't stick to the pan, but they don't slide out without assistance.



Since feathering is no longer a problem, I started using this to poach eggs for salads like macaroni, potato, and tuna. Instead of waiting on eggs to boil and then peeling them, I poach the eggs until the yolks are set, cool them and then dice. A real time saver, especially if you forget to start the eggs with the pasta or potatoes.



The Nordic Ware Egg Poacher is a simple and economical product that produces consistent results and eliminates the need to buy an egg poaching skillet. I recommend it and would buy it again.



Tip: The use and care directions are printed on the back of the cover.

We love our new egg poacher. So many poachers cook only three eggs; this one cooks four. It fits inside a skillet and, because the handle is short, the skillet's lid will cover it. Each section is a rounded triangle, which is cute, and wider than a standard "cup" shaped poacher section. This allows the white of the egg to spread out a bit more, and results in the white cooking more evenly. No more jiggly whites! After some experimentation, I found that I could bring the water to a boil in the skillet while I buttered the poacher and cracked the eggs into it, then place the poacher in the skillet, cover, reduce heat to medium, and set the timer for exactly three minutes. Perfect eggs every time!

Makes great eggs Benedict. Just put a small dab of butter in each well before you add the eggs. I put my insert in a 12" Calphalon everyday pan with about 3/4 cups of boiling water. In about 2-3 minutes your done. Easy cleanup.

If you love perfectly poached eggs, complete with fully set whites yet delightfully runny, gooey, sumptuously warm yolks, then this baby is for you!! I place about 1 cup of waer into a 10" pan, then place this poacher in the pan, use my favoite cooking spray, crack open two eggs, turn the burner on high, cover the pan and set the timer for 4 minutes. The resulting eggs are the stuff that dreams are made of. (Apoligies to Dashiell Hammett.)

I have only had one of problems described in the negative review. I have a hard time understanding how an aluminum pan can rust and I boil the water on medium heat. The only problem I have is with the eggs sticking. I have to use butter to keep the eggs from sticking.



Other than that I love this product. I have a perfect stainless steel frying pan for the poacher. You don't need to have a furious boil to generate enough steam to poach eggs. I fill the water about 2/3 of the way up to the top of the pan and I have poached 3 sets of eggs without refilling the water. I recommend placing the poacher in the pan and bring the water to a low boil first. Take it off the heat, place a little butter in each pocket, add the eggs and put it back on the heat.

I haven't made poached eggs this good in a long time. Just put a little olive oil in the cup before you put the eggs in, they slide onto the plate easily, and they're a breeze to clean, whether by hand or in the dish washer, just make sure to have it on it's side on the bottom rack. It's sturdy and doesn't bend easily.

I have been using this poacher daily for a few months now, so I have grown to know all of its flaws. 1. The poacher is too shallow, so it is nearly impossible to get the right amount of water in the boiling pot. Too much water and it boils through the holes on the edge of the poacher, drowning your eggs in water. Too little water and it boils off quickly. 2. The poacher easily rusts, ruining whatever pot was used to boil the water. 3. The poacher increasingly loses its "non-stick" properties, leaving difficult to clean egg residue in the pan (spraying Pam does not even work).



If you plan on occasionally poaching eggs and want a cheap solution, this should do alright, but if you poach eggs on a regular basis, I suggest getting a real poacher. - Egg Poachers - Kitchen - Cooking Gadgets - Poacher'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Egg Cooker - poacher, egg poachers kitchen Egg Cooker - poacher, egg poachers