Wednesday 25 February 2009

Pashmina - pashmina, pashmina shawl


I ordered this in the olive color to liven up an oliveish/mid-forest-green dress, and it arrived (Pacific Northwest) in only a couple of days with normal shipping. The shawl is very pretty and a good value (and is perfect with the Coldwater Creek dress too). The reverse side is not identical to the primary side, but is still nice enough that when it shows is more than acceptable. It is generously sized enough to be very versatile in how it's worn, and while not of the highest quality, is yet attractive and reasonably priced. It is heavy enough that when worn around the shoulders it keeps the chill at bay for me in this drafty old house, but not so heavy as to be burdensome when worn with a mid-weight dress. I've worn it pinned in an arrangement as pictured and also simply hanging plainly around the neck, and it looks nice all ways so far. Though it is now nearly summer here it is still cool and damp outside, and this shawl works perfectly as a layering piece in this climate. I have washed it in cold water with some mild shampoo, hung it dry, then lightly ironed it, and it looks as nice as it did straight out of the package, though the fringe is a bit finicky unless ironed too. I've enjoyed it so much so far and have received so many compliments on it that I ordered four more in different colors, two for gifts, and two for me. Elegant Sage Reversible Paisley Pashmina Silk Shawl Wrap

I bought this as a Christmas gift for my mom. I was surprised the design was as pretty as it was since it was so inexpensive. It is thin and more decorative than anything else but she was very pleased with it and if you wear pashminas you know it is kind of addictive and always good to have another nice one to add to the rotation.

I realize colors can appear differently on different monitors... however... this is by no means a "sage" colored item. This is a much deeper green... dare I say "olive"... and the rose color is very much a burgundy. While it's not the most hideous thing I've ever seen it is by no means what I was expecting. On the bright side, it is very soft :) Instead of taking it on my upcoming cruise I will leave it on the sofa in the family room to wrap myself in when I feel a chill.

This is the first time I have ordered from this supplier. I chose this particular scarf because I loved the colors. Unfortunately, the colors in the picture are no where close to the colors of the scarf I received. The description states the scarf is sage. It is much darker than sage. Also, the rosey looking colors in the picture are closer to burgundy. I looked forward to having a shawl that would be appropriate for the spring/summer. This is better suited for the fall/winter.

When I saw this one I had to buy it. It was absolutely lovely. I must say though that when i opened it the colors weren't like this in the picture. The lighting on the picture does make it lighter. It is a darker tone and mostly green. To me it looked as though there was green and some kinds of purple/brown but it isn't as evident in person. But I still love the scarf. The material is so good and is wonderful for the LA summers. Will keep me cool and protected from the sun rays while not overheating me. I am so happy. It is quite soft and as i said is cool when you touch it.

I thought this pashmina would be a beautiful accent piece for a dress I bought for a wedding. After reading the reviews about the coloring being way off on this "sage" pashmina, I decided to purchase it anyways hoping that it might just be a fluke. I was very disappointed to discover that the reviews were right on. This pashmina is not even close to being sage. Sage to me is light green. This was very dark, actually looks like a cross between olive and hunter green. The print is much busier than it looks. Also, it's not shiny like the picture shows. It's on the dull side. Reversible? I think not. While it's not horrible, it looks like the backside of any material. On a positive note, it is pretty and soft and I will use it, just not for the purpose intended. - Scarf - Pashmina - Pashmina Shawl - Wrap'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pashmina - pashmina, pashmina shawl pashmina shawl Pashmina - pashmina, pashmina shawl