Saturday 28 February 2009

High Magnification Over 11x - birding, binoculars


I purchased these binoculars to bring to concerts and plays. The size was perfect for my small evening purse, but I didn't realize just how well they worked. Wish that I would have owned them when I was sitting in the upper stratosphere at the Celine Dion concert in Las Vegas. They go with me to every event now to ensure a "good" seat every time. Bushnell Powerview 12x25 Compact Folding Roof Prism Binocular (Black)

I have shared a pair with a friend for more than a year and I must say I was amazed the first time I looked through them, having had all my experience with a [$] pair of older compact binoculars. These were nearly as good and a fraction of the price. Highly recommended.

these glasses are small, protable and good for concerts and quick bird work. I keep a set in the car, but they do not replace my larger busnells for birding. please don't expect to do more than a little backyard birding with these, and i am now adjusted to my larger set, so i use those in the yard. You get what you pay for.

These binoculars are much smaller than my other 16x Bushnells, but surprisingly are comparable in quality. The greatest advantage of having small binoculars is that they are portable, and lightweight. One would expect to loose a lot of quality compared to larger ones, considering these advantages. But to my surprise, that trade-off was worth it. Bottom line, lower price, higher portability, much lighter in weight make these binoculars a winner in its category.

As a former seller, I find these binoculars to be excellent for nature watching and all other general purposes. The compact size and weight, with case, make them most suitable for traveling. Highly recommend. Bill

The real value of this binocular is because it is so compact. It could fit into your pant pocket and still give you a useful tool. It has 12x magnification and the image is quite good compared to other binoculars in the same price range. It also has a rugged look and feel with a nice rubber casing.



The only problems that I find with the binocular is that 12x is a bit too unsteady to hold with your hands. So I find myself leaning on a nearby support in an attempt to keep the view from shaking. Also due to the small objective lens of the binocular, the view at night is not as bright as it could be (on comparing with a binocular with a 50mm objective lens). These are not really problems of this binocular but are limitations due to its size and magnification.



In short these are quite impressive.

The Bushnell Powerview 12x25 is a fine, small pocket-sized binocular. Since my wife is an avid bird watcher, we already have several binoculars of various sizes and viewing power. Our grandson accidentally broke her small 10x25 Bushnell that we used for trips, so I researched, then bought this one from Amazon for her birthday. She loves it. The viewing power is a bit greater than the other and is every bit as compact, which makes it easy to pack for vacations, yet provides for a good viewing experience when enjoying the various bird populations around the country. We both highly recommend this, and other Bushnell products.

The zoom-in capabilities of this pair of binocs is great. But, as a glasses wearer, the extra distance created by the glasses narrows the width of field considerably. Glasses wearers should either choose a wider angle binoc or look without the glasses. I use these on horseback and love the small size.

Bought the 12X version so that we could look at the lava build new land in Hawaii at night from the balcony of our cruise ship. The problems that I had were strictly my own... Small binoculars like these require precise alignment with the eye in order to get the image centered. Larger ones are easier for me to line up with my glasses (or without). Buying 12X made the problem worse. I should have stopped at 10X. And given an option I would have liked a larger tan 25mm objective lens.



The case is nice and holds the binoculars snugly. Never tried the belt loops. The size is great and fits nicely in a cargo pants pocket. When a larger model is not convenient, these work well.



Using them for a long time is tiring. But for quick spotting, these are fine.

These are lightweight binoculars with a neck strap and carrying case. I like the fact that the eyepiece can be adjusted to accomodate people who wear glasses. The zoom is easy to use. I took them on a trip to Alaska and they were perfect. - Birding - Binoculars - High Magnification Over 11x - Bushnell'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


High Magnification Over 11x - birding, binoculars bushnell High Magnification Over 11x - birding, binoculars