Tuesday 20 January 2009

Windshield Wiper - wiper blades, wipers


Installed these on my 2002 Impala. Very suprised at how well they are performing. I thought that the streaking and smears with the old blades were due to the windshield being old. These blades eliminated the streaks and smears. Rain-X Weatherbeater Wiper Blade - 22"

I bought weatherbeater wiper blades 22" and 26" for my Honda Civic Hybrid 2007 from amazon.com since amazon assured me that they fit my car. The web site indicated: "REMOVE END COVER ON BLADE TO INSTALL, CANNOT RE-USE COVER - 9 X 3 HOOK - 4 DR". I removed the end covers leaving only the wiper blades. It tried to install them using the Honda guidelines: I removed the old wiper blade by sliding them out from one side and tried to glide in the new wiper blades (along with their metal reinforcement blades). They simply don't fit. The base of the wheatherbeater wiper blade is far wider than the Honda's one. I could reinstalled the old original Honda wipers without any problem; they glide in easily. I could not do the same with the weatherbeater blades. I tried to glide them in using the original metal reinforcement strips first, then using the new ones, and using many different ways. They simply don't fit new Honda Civics.

My original wipers started to wear down, causing streaks that are at best annoying and at worst a dangerous hazard. I bought these new wiper blades to fix the problem, but streaks are still there. I do not recommend this product. I will try looking at the Bosch Ion wipers instead.

I purchased these blades at Target. Very difficult to get on my 1994 Civic. After 3 weeks in Wisconsin snow they were leaving streaks on my windows again. Today in the snow they iced up on my windshield. Had to pull to the side of the road to clean the blades. Back on the highway they were fine for a few minutes and the same thing happened again- streaks and ice. Nearly got killed because I could not see through my windshield. The defrost, windshield fluid etc didn't help...the blades were streaking everywhere and all I could see was the lights of the cars around me through the white streaked windshield. Truly thought I was going to die. Never again with these blades. - Wipers - Wiper Blades'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Windshield Wiper - wiper blades, wipers wipers Windshield Wiper - wiper blades, wipers