Saturday 3 January 2009

Carbon Monoxide Detector - carbon monoxide detectors, 2009 amazon frustration-fre


The manual is at http://www.firstalert.com/pdfs/2007/06/08/m08-0152-002e_co600_web.pdf



The product is simple and easy to install - just plug it in.



DO NOT LOCATE THIS CO ALARM:

* In garages, kitchens, furnace rooms, or in any extremely dusty,

dirty or greasy areas.

* Closer than 15 feet (4.6 meters) from a furnace or other fuel

burning heat source, or fuel burning appliances like a water heater.

* Within 5 feet (1.5 meters) of any cooking appliance.

* In extremely humid areas. This Alarm should be at least 10 feet (3

meters) from a bath or shower, sauna, humidifier, vaporizer, dishwasher,

laundry room, utility room or other source of high humidity.

* In areas where temperature is colder than 40° F (4° C) or hotter

than 100° F (38° C). These areas include non-airconditioned crawl

spaces, unfinished attics, uninsulated or poorly insulated ceilings,

porches, and garages.

* In turbulent air, like near ceiling fans, heat vents, air conditioners,

fresh air returns, or open windows. Blowing air may prevent CO

from reaching the sensors.

* In direct sunlight.

* In outlets covered by curtains or other obstruction. First Alert CO600 Plug In Carbon Monoxide Alarm

I chose this alarm because it was the easiest to use. Just plug it in and that's it. I have a gas fireplace and was told that I needed a carbon monoxide detector. Plugged into a regular outlet, it has a dim light to let you know that it's working and you can test the monitor at any time to make sure it's "alarmed." Hopefully, I'll never have to see how well the monitor works in an emergency but I feel safer knowing that I have one.

I purchased this for my Mom, who has a very low tolerance for any type of electronics that has more than one button. This fits the bill perfectly -- just plug it in, and it works. Other models have more advanced features, such as a digitial display or a batter backup, but if you're looking for simplicity and a low cost, this is a great choice.

I just ordered this item for a rental unit and was informed by my property manager that this specific model does NOT comply with Colorado law, which requires plug-in units to have a battery back-up. If you are ordering in this to comply with new state regulations, make sure you are buying the right model. I've asked Amazon to note it on the website, but thought I'd just alert everyone in the mean time.

This product works as advertised. It is simplicity itself to install, and does not cover up all outlets when plugged in. This indicated to me that some thought went into its design. I purchased 2 units, and both are working perfectly.

I feel that these are a necessity especially if you live in colder winter climates where you may have the windows closed for a few months.



I prefer this model as it plugs in to an outlet rather than battery operated units.



I found the models through Amazaon were several dollars cheaper than stores around my area.

I bought this first alert CO alarm for my home in Wisconsin.

When I started to read the instructions I found that this product is not UL list! How can a safety item like this not be UL listed.

I did some research and found out first alert changed testing labs to save a few bucks and do not use the most well known UL. What's up with that...

So I returned this CO and purchased the Kidde KN-COB-DP-H Plug-In Carbon Monoxide Alarm. The Kidde unit cost less too, so I saved a few dollars! Always pays to READ THE FINE PRINT.

This is a wonderful product, it works as the manufacturer said it would. It was easy to install, and gives peace of mind where the threat of carbon monoxide is concerned. Like any other product of this sort, there is a minimum amount of maintenance weekly to make sure the unit is operating properly. I have had other carbon monoxide detectors, but this unit is by far the best. I give it five stars, and would give it more if possible.

This is the third different model of First Alert Carbon Monoxide Detector which I have purchased. I have never bought anything but First Alert Detectors over the several years I have owned my homes. There has never been a problem with any of them.



I chose to purchase the plug-in model since I only have an oil burner which could produce carbon monoxide. I figured that if the power was out, the oil burner would automatically be out as well. Since I do not have a wood stove or other heating or cooking source of monoxide which may operate without electricity, I did not feel I would need the battery back-up feature.



The only factor which should be reviewed prior to purchasing this model is the status of any state or local ordinance for monoxide detectors. I have noticed that certain states/cities require a battery back-up model in every case. I did see that First Alert offers this model for about $8.00 more.

Well, don't know if it would have worked, but not having CO around is good, right! After not quite four years of sitting on the wall, it started warning beeps out of nowhere, when there wasn't a possible source of CO around. Tested it on a few different walls and in another building and it still beeped, so its apparently malfunctioning.



I guess it got bored after four years. I hope it was working properly all this time. - Carbon Monoxide Detectors - Alarms - 2009 Amazon Frustration-fre - Co Detector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Carbon Monoxide Detector - carbon monoxide detectors, 2009 amazon frustration-fre co detector Carbon Monoxide Detector - carbon monoxide detectors, 2009 amazon frustration-fre