Monday 26 January 2009

Accounting Software - accounting software, bookkeeping


I switched from QuickBooks to Peachtree back in 2002 and I have never regretted my decision. I find the screens very intuitive and all the information I need to run my business on a daily basis is right in front of me.



In this case, I upgraded from the 2004 version. I was up and running again in about 20 minutes. I found the transition to be smooth and painless, all my 2004 version data was exported automatically and in the proper format.



If you're looking for an alternative to QuickBooks at a great price, go with Peachtree. Peachtree Complete Accounting 2010

I purchased this to learn it so that I can up-skill myself. I had never heard of it until I went looking for some of the more common accounting packages in use today. (I'm originally from the southern hemisphere which explains my ignorance.)I have used various accounting products (many tailor-made to a company) and this is so easy to follow and makes many other complicated packages look like a waste of time. It comes with a great instruction booklet that is easy to follow, I wonder why I bought the Dummy's Guide as I don't think I would have needed it.



I have only had it a few days, but already I can see that this is going to be easy to learn. My husband who has no experience with accounting found it pretty straight-forward too.



For businesses, whether start-up or existing, I would recommend it. They even offer a $50 cash-back if you're switching over from Quickbooks. To be honest, I don't know why more companies aren't using this software. It would take the headache out of teaching new staff the program.



This package covers your accounts receivable, payable, payrole and much more (I could just about write a book). It doesn't include the tax package, but that is something you can purchase to add to this.



Regarding the license: Appears to be single user, but they do have multi-user software in this series.

I have limited accounting experience, but I am learning. I have used Peachtree Accounting for more than 8 years and find it the best accounting software on this planet. Unlike any other accounting software that I have tested, using Peachtree Accounting, you cannot create a frustrating and cumbersome out of balance condition. The program will just not allow you to mess up your records. No matter what type of transaction you create or delete, this accounting software will adjust all files accordingly and automatically leaving no out of balance condition, ever. In other words, it does all the adjustment work and thinking for you. I have tried quick books and the rest to compare the quality and ease of use and nothing compares to peachtree accounting. I tried creating and deleting transactions in quick books and it was a nightmare and ended up in out of balance accounting that trickled down to dozens of other accounting problems and issues. I need an accounting program that is smart enough to do all the posting correctly for me, and that has been peachtree complete accounting. Each year staples and few other stores offer the prior year version for under $100 or free, but there is no amount of money that could get me to change to a different program. If needed, I could use this same version for my lifetime. Go get it!

I am a new small business owner with a high school level understanding of accounting. Peachtree Complete is very easy to use and is a very powerful program. I can keep track of all of my finances, use pre-set or custom accounts, create budget reports, invoices, quid pro quo proposals, and different rates for the same job (allowing discounts/special rates). I am very pleased with this product.

I like the interface. Setting up your company is user friendly. I think it is a powerful tool if you need to handle complex topics like depreciation, payroll, multiple accounts, etc,.. However, if it is something as simple as say stock trading, or handling just 1 rental unit, excel should be sufficient.

My conclusions, use excel if you can (simple and flexible); however if you feel you need a software package, go peachtree and get an accountant to set up the ledgers for you.

I have used both Quickbooks and Peachtree, and while a lot of the features are somewhat similar, I really like this program. I heard a lot of negatives but I decided to give it a try. It was very easy to use and set up along with having a lot of standard features and reports. You also cannot beat it for the price. I look forward to learning a lot more with this program and I am excited to use it.

I have used Quickbooks for years, but think it is getting overpriced, so thought I would try Peachtree Complete accounting. I feel like I have stepped back in time. It's like going from Windows back to DOS. Peachtree has a lot of predefined fields in forms such as invoices that are not customizable. Reporting in quickbooks is really easy and the format is easy to read and understand. I am still trying to figure out what report I need and how to customize it to understand what I am reading. Setting up chart of accounts has been challenging as well. I won't be upgrading with Peachtree. It makes me have to think too much! - Peachtree - Financial Software - Accounting Software - Bookkeeping'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Accounting Software - accounting software, bookkeeping bookkeeping Accounting Software - accounting software, bookkeeping