Friday 12 December 2008

yoga accessories - yoga accessories


I wanted a bag that would carry two mats, my 1/4" mat and the 1/8" mat I use under it. I was pleased with the way my mats fit into this bag and liked the addition of the two pockets, especially since I take a yoga strap with me to class. I received a number of compliments on the appearance of the bag so was happy that I'd made this one my choice.



The zipper broke when I'd used the bag for about four weeks, and I'm gentle on things. Since it is a double zipper (which is not necessary really) the fix will probably require disabling one end of the zipper and ending up with a gerry-rigged zipper. The bag cost enough that I find such a solution less than wonderful. YogaAccessories (TM) Black OM Cotton Yoga Mat Bag - Drawstring

I was looking for a gift for my favorite yoga teacher before I moved away. I knew she was about to start continuing her yoga education so what better to get her than a new bag (I knew she could use one!) When I found this bag, I fell in love with it so much, I had to buy one for myself too! The price was about $8 LESS than the ones at T*rget. Not to mention all the ones in the stores are all the same! I was amazed when I received these bags! The OM symbol is actually embroidered onto the bag. I am so pleased with this item I cannot wait until my previous teacher gets hers because I know she will love it as much as I do! I also purchased a rather thick mat and when I put it in the bag, there is plenty of room to roll up 2 mats if you use 2! There is a zippered inside pocket and zippered outside pocket. Perfect for all "your stuff" you don't need for yoga but take with you anyway.

This bag is very big, it can accommodate very large mats, but it can be difficult to pack mats into it because if its design. It loads from the top with a draw string, so the mat needs to slide into the bag, but yoga mats are by design not slippery. This problem is compounded by the 'secret' pocket just inside the bag opening, which just dangles and gets in the way of your mat as you shove it in there.



The bag is well made, affordable, and the pockets (especially the front pocket) are very convenient. Given the problems mentioned above, I would advise against using this bag with a mat that is both large and sticky (as a point of reference the mat I use is Jade Harmony Professional 3/16-Inch Yoga Mat). With smaller mats, or mats that are less sticky, this bag will likely do the trick nicely.

I bought this bag only 6 weeks ago and loved it. It was so cute, fit my towel as well as my mat and didn't cost me too much. Then today I was walking home from practice and suddenly my mat was rolling down the street because the handle ripped right off the bag as I was walking! Do yourself a favor and don't buy this cheap bag. It's not well made at all and you are wasting your money because you'll only get to use it for a short time.

I love this yoga mat bag. It is available with either a drawstring or a zipper. I prefer the zippered opening, however my sister prefers the drawstring. It is great because it has two separate zippered compartments. One is on the outside of the bag and one is inside, which is great for keeping my belongings organized and accessible.

I like to do yoga on the park so I can not be bringing around too many stuff. The bag allows me to get in there my mat (ultra-thick), a small rug, my yoga book, my wallet and my cell phone, and it is quite strong. However, what other comments say it's true, bag catches powder and hair very easily.

I just received my yoga bag and I LOVE it! I chose the drawstring style because some of the other reviews mentioned potential problems with the zipper. It's really well made, it's roomy, and the embroidered "OM" on the outside is beautiful. It's even better than I expected, and it's roomy enough to hold the extra thick yoga mat I just bought, plus so much more! The zippered pockets (one on the inside and one on the outside) are a bonus feature. Great thought out detail!

i am keeping it simple. this yoga mat bag looks great but it's really flimsy and made poorly. the first time i pulled one of the two zipper pulls it came off in my hand. cheap manufacturing. too bad because it's EXACTLY what i wanted. lightweight because my promat is SO heavy), black, modern and plain. very disappointed :(

I ordered this bag mostly because I like the OM sign and the black/white contrast. What I received was a plain black canvas bag. I didn't waste time returning it, and started using it. I thought I could do without the design and it would still be a nice thing to carry around. But after using it for a week, I found that the zipper got stuck easily. So my advice is: don't waste your money on this bag. - Yoga Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


yoga accessories - yoga accessories yoga accessories yoga accessories - yoga accessories