Friday 12 December 2008

Digital Camera


I own 2 other cameras a Nikon Coolpix point and shoot 12MP and a 15.1 Rebel T2i DSLR.



For a 200 dollar camera, it really isn't all too bad. 14MP and 5x optical zoom. Lens[ 4.7-23.5mm 1:2.8-6.5 ]



OVERALL feeling: (4.8 of 5)

It has pretty clear picture taking capabilites and is very USER FRIENDLY. Panaramic function works amazingly well. The camera itself is a great size and looks pretty slick, it doesn't look like a cheap camera. I think anyone would be happy with this purchase. It has a HDMI port and can take SDHC memory cards. You charge the camera battery with the battery in the camera, and the power cord is plugged into the camera itself, that is a nice feature, to not have to pull the battery out all the time to charge(like the coolpix i have). The buttons light up when touched momentarily and the camera has a nice power save option; all nice features.



HD VIDEO: (4.8 of 5) Not too shabby, volume is a little low, but im pretty sure there is a speaker option. I noticed it today. It definitely is always a nice feature to be able to capture video, in High Def no less. Only downside is that you can't take pictures while video recording, i like that option on my DSLR.



Lighting: (4.3 of 5) you have a few different options depending on location: sunny, cloudy, what type of indoor lighting i.e 3 different flourescent settings and 1 incandescent. Weird thing is cloudy works better indoors under flourescent light better than all the flourescent settings. Very slight exageration of the yellow hue. Cloudy whittens things up and makes the room look as if it were under regular incandescent bulb lights. All in all, you can place it on WB auto, and the setting the camera auto selects works better than fine.



I am quite satisfied and feel anyone else would be as well..and i spent 250 buying from an overpriced Postal Exchange lol. Olympus Stylus 5010 14 MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-inch LCD (Titanium)

I have used cameras of one type or another for close to 50 years. Had my own darkroom back in the days of film. Have had digital models since 1M was as big as they got. Wanted a small one to carry around. Cell phone cam is just too much trouble and too limited.



Read all the reviews for all the small Olympus, Cannon, Panasonic, et al. Used my girlfriend's Cannon. Decided that since an old Olympus E100RS Sports Photographers model was the best I have EVER used I would stay with the brand.



I love this little thing! It is hard to hold still on long tele shots and I doubt I will ever get used to not having a viewfinder but I still love it. Have used it in Program mode mostly and played with some programed Scene shooting. Love the Super Macro best of all. Have some great close ups of my honeybees.



Does everything it is supposed to and does it well. People who have had problems using it just didn't Read The F****** Manual. I downloaded the manual from Olympus's web page as soon as I ordered the camera. I enjoyed reading about it while I waited for it. Didn't wait long. Amazon got it to me in record time. Ordered late Monday, used free delivery, still had it on Friday. Thanks Amazon!



I don't like the software that came with it. Uninstalled it on day two.

This camera takes mainly good photos straight out of the box. There's no real need to play with the settings which I like. My main use for this camera is photographing people, and I preferred using the standard Auto setting as opposed to the portrait scene setting - in portrait, the pictures were mostly a little too pink. The standard auto setting reproduces skin tones nicely. It does seem to be a little soft on detail indoors though - you can't really tell it's 14mp unless you're outdoors on a sunny day.



One gripe is the processing speed - even with a quick card, after you take a photo it takes a good 8 seconds before the camera is ready to take another one. That's annoying if you just missed 'the' shot, and then the next opportunity happens while you're waiting for the camera to sort itself out.



The video quality could also be better - especially on the sound front, and it suffers badly from over exposure in sunny outdoor settings. So don't buy this camera if you're looking for the best of both worlds, but if you just want good pictures for a reasonable price this is a contender.

I love my little Olympus Stylus 5010 14 MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-inch LCD (Titanium) purchase through Amazon! I have owned several small cameras and they have all performed poorly (not through Amazon). But not this little guy, I can't leave home without him. This 5010 is rugged, light, easy to use and the MENUS ARE SO EASY TO USE AND NAVIGATE THROUGH! My fat fingers are not an issue with the basic dial-a-menu scheme. My only irk is when I'm reviewing images on the camera I almost always touch the shoot button and the image disappears, I have never had a successful hand off to someone else to show them a stored image. But that's common with most cameras, so no real gripe, I just want to show my little gem off all the time. Some people have stated that 14mg is overkill. But, I took a photo of something that didn't show up to well in the shot, it was nice and clear, but tiny. Then I zoomed in while previewing the image and there is was, exactly what I wanted, that little tiny image I was going for filled the whole LCD screen! That's what 14 MP's is for. I love the pinhole and B&W settings and the manual settings are a blast! Oh, if you depress the entire dial button while the camera is off, the date and time is displayed for a few seconds; NICE!

While visiting Amazon, I bought this camera on an impulse, mainly because of its low price, $87.99, and the highly respected reputation of Olympus. The manufacturer says, "This tiny camera will blow you away", and are they right! I've only had mine a few days and am already amazed at the image quality and abundance of features on this little gem. The 14mp images are really outstanding for a camera of this price or any price for that matter. Two particular features that have truly "blown me away" are the HD video and the panorama mode for still images. The one-button HD recording is a major plus and the video is astounding! But the panorama mode is just incredible, using the auto mode is so simple, just take two or three consecutive photos, lining up the pointers on the screen as you do so and then sit back and watch the camera build the panoramic photo...unbelievable and so easy! Also love the in camera editing that can be done, particularly the Beauty Fix...granted it's not Photoshop, but, hey, it only cost $87.99! I haven't been this excited over a new camera since I acquired my Nikon D200 a couple of years ago. A definite 5-star rating at this price!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Digital Camera Digital Camera Digital Camera