Friday 26 December 2008

Watch Band Tool Kit - tools, horology


This kit has the tools to change links, change batteries...I was disappointed that the Seller's site said you should change the battery with plastic tweezers and there were none included in the kit. Other than that, all the tools necessary to do basic things are included...tools are a bit on the cheapish side. Paylak TSA9007 Watch Repair Tool Kit with Battery Changing, Watch Opening, Band Sizing and Storage Case

I figured my local jewelry store charged about $20 per watch to change the batteries, I decided to buy this item, within an hour I changed the batts on 3 of my watches & one of my wifes.... so the item would pay for itself in one to two uses & it'll keep on ticking.

When I received the product it was exactly what I expected.



I own a significant number of watches mostly inexpensive I've changed batteries using butter knives,screwdrivers etc.But let me tell you this was the best purchase I ever made Love It.

The package is great but I drop it to 4 stars simply because there is absolutely no instructions on how to use the tools, no guidelines, no recommendations, no descriptions of each tool etc... It took me some time to google watch repair to get some familiarity. If you are familiar with watch repair (and know what you are doing) this is great for you won't need the instructions. For the rest of us, it's a bit frustrating. I broke a link learning but I was able to remove links from my watch's band and my wife's band.

I ordered this item and received it all within a week. The tools are well made and easy to use. I have taken out links and replaced batteries. My daughter and I collect watches and this and an awesome kit to have.Sure save money, gas and having to go to go running around to have this done.

I would recomend. after all I am a 50 year old woman!

After getting crappy service from a "watchsmith" at the local swap meet and over paying at the mall, I decided to get this tool set so that I can change the batteries myself. This tool set has everything that I need; it didn't occur to me that I might have to pop one side of the wrist band off when I use the tool that unscrews the threaded backs on watches so having the whole kit really helped. I was going to buy just the tool that removes the backs and that would've been a mistake because trying to fit the tool with the wrist band on turned out to be very difficult. I've adjusted a wrist band on one of my wife's watches with ease because I have everything that I need. It really is worth it to buy a tool kit like this instead of just the ONLY tool that you THINK you might need because you just don't know what situation you're going end up dealing with when try to take a watch apart. The gold tool is great for popping the clips that hold batteries in as well as putting those clips back on (beats usting a paper clip). Just make sure to buy your batteries on-line too because you'll get raped buying from Radio Shack or at any store (I almost bought my batteries from RS at $5 each, fortunately they didn't have a battery size that I needed and when I looked in Amazon I found that you can get 5 batteries for LESS than $5 in many cases--I spent $15 instead of $45 and I have extras left over for future changes!).



This tool kit will handle all of the basics--but know that it's NOT for watch repair. - Watch Repair - Watch Band Tool Kit - Tools - Horology'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Watch Band Tool Kit - tools, horology watch band tool kit Watch Band Tool Kit - tools, horology