Friday 26 December 2008

Relaxed Fit - jeans, levi 501


To the PROS: I made what I considered a trial purchase because these jeans had a 35" waist available (not available in most all men's pants) and would add some relaxed-fit space as well. Also, that the carpenter's pockets would safely hold my cell phone (it does). Many updated versions of carpenter jeans fake these details with skimpy pockets and unusable loops. The jeans are more than duable. Wrangler has made a feature-based attempt-- "Measure twice..."--you know the bit.



To the CONS: My pair arrived with a hem defect... sewing curls/rolls the pant hem upward... and washing made both hems worst. As for "room2move fit" (and I always purchase relaxed-fit for work jeans) I'm floating in fabric... heavy fabric. With the "high-rise", "room2move", and "gusset-crotch" branding tricks, all working in tandom, Wrangler has over compensated for a simple worksite issue. Add the heavy-weighted "dura-shield" fabric (another branding device) to the already too much pant-volume and you'll soon opt for an old standby.



To the DESIGNERS/PRODUCT DEVELOPERS: Try wearing these jeans (with a tool belt) to work every day for 6 months.



To BRANDING: Ever think that... "I cut the board three times and it's still too short!" Riggs Workwear By Wrangler Men's Carpenter Jean, Antique Indigo, 32W x 30L

I just wish these jeans weren't so expensive--but they sure are durable. Out of all the jeans I've worn, these definitely hold up the best to my demanding work habits. I've tried many different brands, but these seem to be the best mix of durability and comfort. The reinforced crotch makes a big difference as this tends to wear out the first. The only strange thing is that the carpenter pockets seem to be reversed compared to other jeans--nothing major--in fact now I even prefer it this way. These will be the only work jeans I will buy from now on.

Excellent jeans,perfect fit and great workmanship.Hard to find size 35 waist in work jeans and these fit perfect and they actually lokk good as casual dress jeans.Will definatly be ordering more from Amazon.

I am an installer for the local phone company so I need a good pair of very rugged jeans. These jeans pass my test with flying colors. Comfortable to wear and so far I have seen no evidence of any wear on the jeans. - Levi 501 - Jeans - Levis Jeans - Levis'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Relaxed Fit - jeans, levi 501 levis Relaxed Fit - jeans, levi 501