Wednesday 31 December 2008

Expandable Multi-handset - expandable multi-handset, cordless telephone


I wanted a corded/cordless phone system, with answering machine and expandability. After researching phones and reading reviews, I decided on the AT&T 6.0 corded/cordless system with two cordless phones; I then added two additional cordless phones. Described in reviews I read before purchasing, I was disappointed that the base unit did not have a blinking light to indicate a message. HOWEVER, when setting up the system, I read that you could program the base unit to beep, signaling a message. This has worked perfectly -- even better than a blinking light, since you don't even have to look at the machine to know you have a message. [You can stop the beeping by pressing the mute button.] I absolutely love this system!! Best features: speaker/hands-free on all units, all buttons clearly marked and intuitive, mute button also stops phone from ringing/beeping, easily programmed/great step-by-step directions, convenient intercom/transfer functions, dial a number from caller ID by adding a "1" and then pressing "send," battery holds charge (out of the recharger) for several days, excellent range, and, finally, I was able to go from five different phones to one standardized system. My only need/wish not met (a minor one) is that there is no clip on the cordless units -- all my old phones had clips, so I was used to clipping it my belt or a pocket and heading to another room or outside. Although I haven't tried it yet, I found an inexpensive clip at Best Buy that can be mounted to the back of the phone. After 3 months, I was so happy with this system that I bought the same one for my elderly in-laws; they also find it easy to see and use, and like the features & standardization (they had three different phones). A great product/value, so far.... AT&T DECT 6.0 Black/Silver Digital Accessory Handset Only (CL80109)

Remember that if you are purchasing this phone you must already own the AT&T DECT 6.0 phone system as this is just an extra phone for that set and will not work as a stand-alone phone. Having already owned the AT&T DECT 6.0 cordless phone set that came with three cordless phones, I already knew these cordless phones were of good quality. This add-on phone to the set is no different. The range and sound quality are both very good and it was easy to setup with the existing phone system.

This phone is good. We bought one set and two extra handsets. All four phones work well in the house. Sound quality is excellent, "feel" when holding and talking on the phone is good, and it's easy to use. I have two complaints. One, the handsets are preprogrammed "1, 2, 3, 4" etc. You can't, however, "name" the phones as I could in my old, similar set. So, if you are planning on using the intercom feature, you need to remember that "Handset 1" is in the kitchen, "Handset 2" is in the basement, etc. I much preferred being able to name the handsets. Now, I just have a piece of tape on the back of the phone with the location of all handsets written on it, but that's a design flaw. Two, there are LOTS of features on this phone, but the ones you'd need most often, such as "what number just called me?" aren't so obvious. You'll need to spend a little time with the manual to get this all figured out. Overall, though, I like this set and would buy it again.

We live in a well-built home with plaster over drywall. In some areas the walls are almost an inch think and the ceiling all have metal sheets to help the plaster adhere. As a result we've NEVER been able to use a cordless phone system because the signal would not penetrate the ceiling.



This AT&T phone system with DECT 6.0 technology has no issue at all with the ceiling. As a result I bought 6 more headsets (2 are backups) and we use the intercom feature all the time.



This phone simply works!



The only thing missing for me is a jack for a headset. I'm not sure why it doesn't have it but it's a great phone [system] none the less.

AT&T DECT 6.0 Black/Silver Digital Accessory Handset Only (CL80109)



We purchased these handsets to add to our existing system.



Pros: These phones work very well and we have not had any issues with static, interference or dropped calls. It does not interfere with our wireless router like some other phones have and it is not affected by the microwave oven. Controls are simple and well labeled. Volume levels are great.



Cons: We found two minor cons. The first would be the tacky looking silver plastic. It just looks cheap. The other issue is both the handsets and charging bases do not have enough weight added and are easily knocked over.



We would purchase this item again and recommend it to others!

After much research I settled on this AT&T cordless phone to replace a V-Tech, about 12 years old, that the buttons were failing on. Have been using it for about 3 weeks and am very pleased. The two things I'd change...being able to name the handsets instead of the numbers that are assigned to them and it isn't quite as comfortable in my hand as my old one - probably just a matter of getting accustomed to it. Would definitely recommend this phone. - Cordless Telephone - Dect Cordless Phone - Att Cordless Phone - Expandable Multi-handset'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Expandable Multi-handset - expandable multi-handset, cordless telephone att cordless phone Expandable Multi-handset - expandable multi-handset, cordless telephone