Sunday 23 November 2008

Power Strip Extension Cord - extension cords, mini extension cord


It's a great product for outlets behind desks, bookshelves, etc. or if you just need a few feet of extension. It's sturdy and feels well made. Whatever you plug into the Liberator will stay - it has a nice grip. Ziotek ZT1212590 Power Strip Liberator Flat 18-Inch, 5-Pack

Excellent, fantastic, very durable and heavy gauge. If you want to get your furniture up against the wall or move a power cord to eliminate a sharp bend this is it.



All of the Liberator branded items are the best and I recommend highly.



One reviewer is right these are a little bigger and not for cramped power strips. For those get preferably the "plus" which is compact and cylindrical with a pass thru on top so you can hook up a wart AND still use the outlet.



If your strip is REALLY tight get either the original or they make the original that has two tails coming out.



If your strip won't accomodate the plus or the original... why do you still have it? Anything that tight is probably a waste of money and so cheap it is a short waiting to happen. Just my 2 cents worth.

Use:

These cords are great for use on wall power outlet that you want something to push against it. I used these for my TV mount and pushing my coffee maker flush against the wall. I would not suggest these extension cords for power strips, they take up too much space (try Ziotek ZT1212542 Power Strip Liberator 14-Inch Extension, 5-Pack)



Quality:

The cord is 16 AWG, which is thick, and it is sturdy. The cord is rated at 13A, 125V, 1625W. It is also designed so that you can use two of these cords in one outlet and the plug only sticks out 1/2 an inch (See the picture I added)



Overall, I am very pleased with this product and it is a great value (5 for $17 vs 1 for $10 Cables To Go - 29804 - Flat Plug Power Strip Plus)

I bought this product so that I could plug more items with bulky adaptors/transformers into a strip of sockets. This product does not help much. The plugs are too big to fit next to each other in a standard multi socket strip (I tried three different ones).

Kill-a-Watt Caution. I checked with the shipper and this cord has a lower power rating than the Kill-a-Watt you may be using it with. To avoid over-heating this cord be sure not to use with refrigerator, washer, dryer, air conditioner or other large power using appliance. Kill-a-Watt is rated 15 amps (1875 VA) and this cord is smaller, about 1/2 the amount of the Kill-a-Watt. We want you to be safe and avoid the classic "extension cord fire" from over-heating a cord.

I have an outlet behind my bed that is controlled by a light switch. I wanted to use a lamp, but my headboard was crushing the cord. I have a Belkin surge with this type of plug behind my entertainment center and love it. I use these behind my bed and it solved the plug problem. They work great, and if you need a little extension, they double for that. They are great if you have a large adapter that you don;t want taking up too much space on an outlet. Highly recommended.

I bought this because my TV's wall mount has a rod floating an inch in front of the power outlet, and a traditional extension cord would not fit. This one does with room to spare. Without it, my hidden cable plan would have gone for naught.



There is some confusion in these reviews about the rated capacity of these cables. The cord has a sticker that claims 13 Amps capacity at 120 Volts. I had another extension cord rated at 10 Amps, which was getting hot powering a space heater. I replaced it with one of these and it does not get hot, so I believe the sticker is accurate.



If you have a standard two plug power outlet you should have no trouble using two of these per outlet.



In general, a good product and a good value. - Mini Extension Cord - Extension Cords - Organization - Flat-plug'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Power Strip Extension Cord - extension cords, mini extension cord organization Power Strip Extension Cord - extension cords, mini extension cord