Thursday 13 November 2008

Over The Knee Boots - womens boot, boots


I was so excited to get these boots after reading very positive reviews on the Zappos website--they even have a video review. I ordered the Fuel Me Up boots in gray, and the color is beautiful--a deep charcoal. Gray is supposed to be very popular this season. The boots feel solid, and have a flexible, comfortable lining all the way up the leg. The quality of the suede is very good, and the fit in the foot and ankle is comfortable. The foot fits true to size. I wear a size 9M. The height of the wedge is comfortable and the style is casual/dressy. I can wear the boots with dresses, leggings, or skinny jeans. The hardware is sturdy, and the boots arrived very carefully packaged.



The problem I am having is that I cannot get the boots up very far without seriously pulling on them. I am afraid I will scratch the suede with my fingernails, trying to get them up all the way. It feels like I am putting on a pair of über-heavy tights. I am 5'5", not a heavy woman, and have somewhat muscular legs, but I was surprised at how much trouble I have pulling them up. I tried them on over leggings and bare legs, and have the same difficulty. There is no way I am going to be able to get them on over regular jeans. I hope suede stretches out a bit, so that I can get these boots on more easily. I like them well enough to lose some weight to get them to fit better, but I think they are a little pricey to be having this much difficulty. Naughty Monkey Women's Fuel Me Up Nmw0593,Grey,8.5 M US

I just got my boots today, and they are exactly what I wanted!! They are sexy because of the shaft height (a true over-the-knee fit and I'm 5'6 with long legs)but toned down just enough because of the wedge heel. I read a lot of reviews first and I heard many people saying these boots were too snug to pull up. Well I have really skinny legs, and these are a dream come true for me. My legs are usually too slender to hold up an over-the-knee boot, but these are PERFECT for me!! The suede is a much nicer, thick quality suede than what I was expecting. I've had a similar pair of Naughty Monkey boots before, and wore them to shreds, so these were a great replacement, and they feel like they'll hold up a lot longer. I think I'm gonna be buying another pair of these soon!!

I love this shoe although I only wore them once. My feet didn't hurt after wearing them at work for 8hrs. My only complaint is what others have complained about is that the boot doesn't go all the way up straight when on. Thought about taking to shoemaker and adding a "gusset" or something at the back top of shoe to make it stretch and go over knee. I don't have big calves, but noticed that with real suede this is a problem in terms of stretchability. I had to alter another pair of suede boots with the method I mentioned earlier.

These are great boots. I have only given them four stars simply because the foot and heel is very small in appearance, and I personally like the foot to be a little chunkier more in line/balance with the rest of the boot.



But apart from that - a really nice boot. I got these on sale on Amazon for $35. Fantastic price! I bought them in the chocolate - had a hard time deciding what color to go for, but didn't have any really deep brown boots, so went for that in the end. They are a very nice, deep, rich color. Also, appear well-made: nice, thick, soft suede, with a foamy lining that helps the boot stay up. Feel good quality, not like some of the flimsy, man-made boots you can get. They are easy to walk on: nice low, sturdy heel. Nice and comfortable, too. I have fairly narrow feet, and I take an 8.5, and they fit perfectly.



I have worn them around the house and they feel fine: they fit over tights and leggings with no problem, and it seems they have enough 'give' to be okay with my skinny jeans, too.



As for length - they come just above my knee. Some girls mentioned about tightening the top strap to make them stay up better - well, it helps, but the top strap on me falls *exactly* at my kneecap! so if I tighten too much, I can't bend my knee! But that's not really an issue as they seem to stay up well.



All in all, very happy. My husband did say I look like a pirate in them, but heck - an over the knee boots with straps and buckles - what do you expect?! LOL

These are really cute boots and they're comfortable. But, as other reviewers have mentioned, the boot shaft is tight. If you have thick calves, you'll never get these pulled up. My calves are not thick but they are not skinny eather and I struggle to get them on. The only thing I can get them to fit over are leggins or jeggins. They're too tight for jeans. I'm hoping they will stretch over time.

I love these boots. I am a size 7, but got a 71/2 to make sure my skinny leggings & skinny jeans would be able to fit in. Well they do and these boots do go over your knee as said. The heel is great because it is a wedge heel which still gives you height, but comfortable at the same time. Love, love, love them the color is true to the picture. I got the tan color that is the name they have for you to choose but I would call it a caramel color very beautiful. I have gotten many complaments on them and I have only worn them twice and have seen many girls just starring at my boots.

Very comfortable! Fits true to size (I wear 7.5M and this fits perfectly). Shaft width is perfect - I can wear them bare-legged without only minor slipping (which isn't very noticeable anyway, due to the ruched nature of the ankle area), but can also fit jeans into them with no problem. No breaking in required - I walked two miles in them the first day I got them with no pain whatsoever. Definitely worth the (Amazon) price!

I have very narrow feet and most tall boots tend to be a little wide around my ankles and calves. These fit perfect! They arrived early and in great condition. My only small - very small disappointment is that it's a dark grey and not as light as the photo but still a beautiful grey color and the suede is very nice as well. Very sexy boot that can go from day to night. If you fit most boots in stores- these might be a little snug but you can adjust or take to a shoe repair and have the person stretch them too but if you're like me, narrow -- these are ideal! - Boot - Womens Boot - Boots - Wedge'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Over The Knee Boots - womens boot, boots boots Over The Knee Boots - womens boot, boots