Tuesday 11 November 2008

Fiskars Folding Pruner Saw - landscaping hand tools, pruning saw


This saw works great. It tears through both hard and soft woods with ease. The blade has a well-spaced serrated pattern and it makes sawing nearly effortless. I'm looking forward to using this in hunting season to make some trees more assessable to my climbing stand. The saw is a little long even when it's closed - see my pictures w/ the tape measure to see exactly how long it is when it's open and when it's closed. I also wish it had some kind of belt loop or lanyard attachment but I can't be too picky because it works great! Fiskars 7947 10-Inch Folding Saw

Does the job...AMAZINGLY! (And that's putting it mildly!) Yes, I was absolutely "amazed" at how well this saw made short-work of cutting tree limbs of various diameters - even up to 10-Inches if used appropriately. And the "Folding" feature is a real convenience, and, in no way detracts from its excellent sawing performance and overall sturdiness. Finally, the "Handle" is well designed for comfort and grip, and can easily accomodate one-or-two hands depending on the job's demand. Needless to say, I couldn't be happier with this purchase!

We've always been quite pleased with Fiskars' products, and their customer service has always been superb...so, we didn't hesitate to buy this folding pruning saw. The blade is sharp, and folds safely into the handle...but the handle doesn't fit securely in your hand, nor is the blade firmly secured to the handle. As a result, the saw wobbles and slips in your grasp when using it, which not only diminishes the quality of your cut but, more importantly, presents a safety risk.

works very well when pruning/trimming branches that are too big for regular hand held pruners and too small for getting out the chain saw. Cuts very quickly and folds for easy storage. Highly recommend.

Get this if you want cheap, not if you want performance. I'm in the hunt for a new folding saw since this one is a disappointment. Sure the blade works okay but it's nothing special. The handle is the real let down. There's too much play in the attachment so the blade wobbles a bit, the quick release button can be a nuisance, and the handle shape is less than ergonomic.

The saw saws well. My one complaint is that the button you have to press to open and close it is prone to getting jammed, requiring the occasional whack to depress the spring. It's not a huge problem, but I fear that it will get worse with age and use because of the cheap construction.

I got this saw to stash in my cargo box on my ATV. It is great. It fold up small and takes up almost no room at all. It is nice and sharp, cuts through limbs quickly, and the locking feature is great. It locks when shut and when open so it will never be a problem. Sometime when riding trails we will have branches in our way but not anymore!

I bought this saw for backpacking and I was surprised how large it was but it is still great. Works better than any "camping" or "backpacking" axe or hatchet I have ever used. Cuts quick, easy to grip, and folds away nicely. Cant complain. A+

I bought these for both my boys (8y and 6y)at Christmas after using one that a friend loaned me. It folds easily and cuts well. I have not personally used it on wood but I cut carpet and sod with it and was very impressed. The boys have used them on logs and seemed happy. It is much better than their previous alternative (the tiny saw blade on a folding pocket knife.) I also feel like it is safer since they can put both hands on the handle and control it better than the pocket knife saw. Now I want my own.

I was pruning the tree in my front yard and had my tradtional saws...but there were some spots where the branches were too tight to get the larger saws in. This is normally in my camping loadout, but the lightbulb went off so i thought I'd give it a test - It gets an A+. Sharp as can be, very compact and feels strudy in your hands. Plus - if you get good at it, you can deploy it with the flip of your wrist into a locking position. I would definitley reccomend this as a quality sawing tool. - Landscaping Hand Tools - Pruning Saw'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fiskars Folding Pruner Saw - landscaping hand tools, pruning saw pruning saw Fiskars Folding Pruner Saw - landscaping hand tools, pruning saw