Wednesday 26 November 2008

Computer Accessories - illuminated keyboard, back lit


This is a very nice keyboard for the money. I'm pleased with it overall & would recommend to others.



Pros: The keys are vivid & clear when illuminated. The keyboard was completely plug-n-play on my Windows Vista machine. Keys are quiet & have a very nice feel to them. Keyboard itself is nicely compact, taking up less space than my previous keyboard.



Cons: When the keyboard isn't lit, the keys are hard to read. Not a big deal though as I can't imagine that I'll be turning the lighted function off any time soon. With the compact size, some of the buttons such as home, delete, page up, etc are positioned in a vertical row to the right of the enter key. It will take some getting used to as every time I go to hit the backspace, I end up hitting the home key. Black LED Lighted Keyboard W-9868BK USB

The light makes all the difference. Without the light, the keyboard is very difficult to use. There is a BIG problem with lighting the device. The light is turned on using the Scroll Lock. This turns off the arrow keys. I hate the consequences of no arrow keys! Excel becomes very awkward, actually a nightmare, to navigate.



I have searched for a detailed manual and, so far, had no success. There must be a way to light the keyboard and not lock out the arrows. I'll keep searching, but if anyone has one please upload it to this product.



The other reviews are correct about key size and placement issues. I am forever turning on the Cap Lock when typing the letter "a" or trying to key shift. The keyboard does not have a normal configuration. There are numerous cumbersome key placements that make average touch typing impossible.



While I regret choosing to be so cheap, this keyboard is an improvement over the Dell Inspiron setup. Oh, for my old iMac ... I miss you so.

Wow, I cant belive I sat in the dark all these years without this, what a god send this key board is the best, everyone in my family wants one I love it, bright clear and even though its a bit smaller than the normal key board I had no problems ajusting..

Alright, a couple of things to consider here:



1. The backlighting. Fantastic. Bright enough to clearly see in the dark, without being overpowering. The blue is really cool.



2. Typing. I used to use a laptop keyboard, and this brings me back to those days. I don't think it uses scissor keys, but there's not a lot of drop or resistance to them. Also, the key surfaces are flat, not cupped like on a lot of normal keyboards. It feels a lot like a laptop keyboard, which I love. Typing has a definite click, especially if you hit the keys hard, but it is by no means a loud keyboard.



3. The keys. RIGHT SHIFT AND BACKSPACE ARE VERY SMALL. This does take some getting used to, but I find it well worth it for a smaller keyboard and for having the arrow keys in closer, which is comfortable for a former laptop user. The letter keys are standard size.



Conclusion: I love it. I absolutely love it. It gets 4 stars because right Shift and Backspace will be troublesome for a lot of people, but as far as my own experience with it I would give this a 5. Great product, especially for an off-brand company (the instructions are in Engrish).

This was my first lighted keyboard and I really liked it. But after 3 months, the letters are already starting to rub off (every keyboard I get does this, though, so it's my skin oils doing it, I guess.) My biggest issue, other than the backlighting goes off and on at weird times (could be interference from a metal desk, for all I know) is that I can't quite get used to it. It seems to be a normal keyboard layout (aside from the itty bitty backspace key which I do NOT like at all) but I have more trouble with this keyboard than I do the tiny keyboard on my netbook and I am told it's because I am a fast typist and these lighted keyboards have some feature that interferes with that.I love the fact that it's black, the blue lighting is adequate without being blinding, and I don't have to always have a light on to use it. I've looked at many different keyboards like this and found this to be the best deal with the least bright and annoying backlighting.

I was thinking of buying another one, but I contacted the seller weeks ago to inquire about also getting a silicon protective cover for the keyboard and they didn't even bother to respond so I may just look into other options, maybe something with a backspace key I can see and easily use.

I guess if you're a peck-peck-peck type using this to play games in the dark that only require clicking and minimal typing, this is perfect. It turned out to be a double edged sword for me but I still think it's a very good item. The ease of installation alone is a great selling point but if you type fast like me, you're probably going to run into the same problem I did.

This keyboard is a great buy I love it, although the small backspace button took some time getting comfortable with and when the LEDs aren't on it is very hard to see the keys. I would have rated it a five if the LEDs worked on a Linux system (I had windows and it lit up great).

Overall, great keyboard for the money. However that being said, it is very small compared to the full size keyboard that came with the computer. Space bar is about half sized, along with the backspace and enter keys. Also very annoying the HOME key is directly next to the backspace, and since the backspace key is tiny, it takes some getting used to I have hit the Home key a million times and its very frustrating. Also, the volume control media buttons dont seem to work, I could probably investigate and find out but its not 100% plug and play if you are looking for that. I got this keyboard to be able to type in the dark because the light keeps my daughter awake so it serves its purpose, in time I am sure I will get used to the small size. The led lights are very bright and the keyboard is very easy to read, however when the light is not on it is next to impossible to see the letters on the keys. Also the light does not have its own button, it is shared with the scoll lock key which is a little annoying. - Back Lit - Illuminated - Cheap Keyboard - Illuminated Keyboard'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Computer Accessories - illuminated keyboard, back lit cheap keyboard Computer Accessories - illuminated keyboard, back lit